In January 2021, Xiaomi spin-off sub-brand Redmi introduced two devices— Redmi 9T and Redmi Note 9T. The devices feature an IPS LCD panel with a 6.53-inch size and a Water-repellent coating on top. For shooting purposes, the devices equip a 48 MP triple rear camera. While the Redmi 9T and Note 9T hold an 8 MP and 13MP front cam respectively. The devices also differ in terms of the processor as the Redmi 9T equips Snapdragon 662 and Redmi Note 9T powers Dimensity 800U 5G SoC.
Must see: Best Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 9 Pro
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T/ Note 9T smartphone updates.
Redmi 9T/ Note 9T Updates Tracker
The updates will be posted in Descending Order (Date). Stay tuned or bookmark this page to know the, latest update about the Redmi 9T and Note 9T.
- [October 28, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9T 5G is receiving a new stable update in the European region. The build arrives on version V22.214.171.124.RJEEUXM which carries the October 2021 security patch. Besides increai=sing system security, the update does not carry any other changes.
- [October 20, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is now grabbing the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition update. The build is unfurling globally on the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RJEMIXM. The company claims to add numerous fixes related to the lock screen in addition to the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition features. Moreover, it bumps the safety version to September 2021. Click here to read the details.
- [October 18, 2021]: Xiaomi is releasing the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition to the Redmi 9T. The update is rolling out for the global variants via the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RJQMIXM. Though the build is limited to Mi Pilot testers as of now, it will soon be available for all users as well. Click here to read the changes it brings!
- [August 2, 2021]: Xiaomi is sending a stable MIUI 12.0 update to the Redmi 9T globally. The update was released today for the global variants via the firmware version V184.108.40.206.RJQMIXM. Visit our dedicated article to know the new features and other changes.
- [June 9, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is now grabbing the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 update. The latest build arrives with build numbers V220.127.116.11.RJEEUXM for the EEA versions. Whereas the number varies to V18.104.22.168.RJEMIXM for global variants. You can read about the changes here.
- [March 23, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is receiving the March 2021 security patch update.The latest update carries firmware version V22.214.171.124.QJEMIXM. The update file package is 2.3GB in size. Visit our dedicated article to read more.
Just like the other Xiaomi device, Redmi 9T and Note 9T also receive the update in a phase-wise manner. This means that it will require a few days to reach all the units. you can also check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > check for updates.