In January 2021, Xiaomi spin-off sub-brand Redmi introduced two devices— Redmi 9T and Redmi Note 9T. The devices feature an IPS LCD panel with a 6.53-inch size and a Water-repellent coating on top. For shooting purposes, the devices equip a 48 MP triple rear camera. While the Redmi 9T and Note 9T hold an 8 MP and 13MP front cam respectively. The devices also differ in terms of the processor as the Redmi 9T equips Snapdragon 662 and Redmi Note 9T powers Dimensity 800U 5G SoC.
Must see: Best Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 9 Pro
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T/ Note 9T smartphone updates.
Redmi 9T/ Note 9T Updates Tracker
The updates will be posted in Descending Order (Date). Stay tuned or bookmark this page to know the, latest update about the Redmi 9T and Note 9T.
- [September 18, 2022]: Redmi Note 9T EEA is receiving September 2022 Security patch via the firmware V126.96.36.199.SJEEUXM. Interested users can download the OTA zip (from here) to update from MIUI V188.8.131.52. Here’s the official Changelog:
Updated Android Security Patch to September 2022. Increased system security
- [September 05, 2022]: Redmi 9T Global has started receiving the MIUI 13 Update along with the August 2022 security patch via the firmware version V184.108.40.206.SJQMIXM (Pilot Release). The OTA update package is not available yet, but the interested folks can flash Recovery ROM.
- [August 9, 2022]: Xiaomi is releasing the August 2022 security patch for the Redmi 9T. As of now, the update is rolling out in the global markets with firmware version V220.127.116.11.RJQMIXM. Apart from this, the build does not carry any other changes. Although, it does increases the system security.
Updated Android Security Patch to August 2022. Increased system security.
- [July 26, 2022]: The global units of Redmi Note 9T 5G is picking up a new update on the firmware version V18.104.22.168.SJEMIXM. The package bumps the security maintenance to July 2022. Besides increasing the system security, the build does not carry any other changes.
Updated Android Security Patch to June 2022. Increased system security.
- [February 9, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is extending to the global units of Redmi 9T. The Android 11-based update increases the system security via the build number V22.214.171.124.RJQMIXM.
- [January 27, 2022]: The Redmi 9T is receiving the January 2022 security patch. The update is rolling out in Turkey via build number V126.96.36.199.RJQTRXM. Also, it increases system security.
- [October 28, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9T 5G is receiving a new stable update in the European region. The build arrives on version V188.8.131.52.RJEEUXM which carries the October 2021 security patch. Besides increasing system security, the update does not carry any other changes.
- [October 20, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is now grabbing the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition update. The build is unfurling globally on the firmware version V184.108.40.206.RJEMIXM. The company claims to add numerous fixes related to the lock screen in addition to the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition features. Moreover, it bumps the safety version to September 2021. Click here to read the details.
- [October 18, 2021]: Xiaomi is releasing the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition to the Redmi 9T. The update is rolling out for the global variants via the firmware version V220.127.116.11.RJQMIXM. Though the build is limited to Mi Pilot testers as of now, it will soon be available for all users as well. Click here to read the changes it brings!
- [August 2, 2021]: Xiaomi is sending a stable MIUI 12.0 update to the Redmi 9T globally. The update was released today for the global variants via the firmware version V18.104.22.168.RJQMIXM. Visit our dedicated article to know the new features and other changes.
- [June 9, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is now grabbing the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 update. The latest build arrives with build numbers V22.214.171.124.RJEEUXM for the EEA versions. Whereas the number varies to V126.96.36.199.RJEMIXM for global variants. You can read about the changes here.
- [March 23, 2021]: Redmi Note 9T is receiving the March 2021 security patch update. The latest update carries firmware version V188.8.131.52.QJEMIXM. The update file package is 2.3GB in size. Visit our dedicated article to read more.
Related: Redmi 9/ Note 9 Update Tracker
Just like the other Xiaomi device, Redmi 9T and Note 9T also receive the update in a phase-wise manner. This means that it will require a few days to reach all the units. you can also check for the update manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > check for updates.