Redmi Note 9 is a popular mid-range smartphone offering applaudable specs at a competitive price point. The smartphone was launched earlier this year running on MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, 6.53-inch IPS LCD display, and 48MP quad-rear camera. The smartphone offers value-for-money to all the buyers and the regular updates from the company are making the deal sweeter. You can check information about all the Redmi Note 9 updates in our tracker.
The smartphone measures 162.3 x 77.2 x 8.9 mm in size and weighs 199 grams. A beautifully design quad-camera modules sits on the rear side featuring configuration of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP. Meanwhile, a 13-megapixel primary camera is present on the front side of the pone. The device coupled BL 5.0, GPS, NFC, IR, USB TypeC 2.0, and WiFi in connectivity. There’s a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor for easy accessibility. A 5020 mAh battery is present with 18W fast charging and 9W reverse charging. It is available in three color options of Forest Green, Midnight HGrey, and Polar White.
Apart from good hardware, Redmi is offering regular updates and security patches for the smartphone. In this tracker, you can see all the detail of each update the device has received until now.
Note: The updates are listed in Descending Order (Date). We will keep updating this post to reflect the latest updates. You can bookmark this page to get the latest update news about the Redmi Note 9.
Redmi 9/ Note 9 Update Tracker
- [February 16, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is extending to the Redmi Note 9S in Europe. The update arrives on the firmware version V184.108.40.206.RJWEUXM.
- [February 10, 2022]: The Redmi 9 in China is getting the January 2022 security patch via a firmware version V220.127.116.11.RJCCNXM.
Updated Android Security Patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
- [January 27, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is live for the global units of Redmi 9. The update bumps the build number to V18.104.22.168.RJCMIXM. It could also improve the system’s performance and stability of the device.
- [October 25, 2021]: Redmi 9 is receiving the current security maintenance, October 2021 in India. Arriving on the firmware version V22.214.171.124.QCTINXM, the update does not carry any other significant changes.
- [October 22, 2021]: The Redmi 9 Pro is receiving a new update in India via the firmware version V126.96.36.199.QCTINXM that adds October 2021 security patch. [Apply for OTA] [Recovery ROM]
- [September 24, 2021]: Xiaomi has started pushing a new update for the global variants of Redmi Note 9s. The new update comes with the build number V188.8.131.52.RJWMIXM and is live for Mi Pilot users. The new update brings MIUI 12.5 for the Note 9s smartphone. It brings a ton of changes that are visible in the UI. If you wish to perform a manual update, you can download the recovery ROM by clicking here. And you can download OTA by clicking here.
- [July 20, 2021]: The Redmi 9 India(cattail) Variant received July 2021 Security Patch via the firmware build V184.108.40.206.QCTINXM. You can Download OTA from here and recovery ROM from here.
- [June 28, 2021]: The Redmi 9 is grabbing a new stable update globally with firmware version V220.127.116.11.RJCEUXM. The build carries the June 2021 security patch along with the latest stable MIUI based on Android 11 OS, MIUI 12.5. As far as features are concerned, MIUI 12.5 brings enhanced performance, UI tweaks, new animations, privacy features, an updated Notes app, and a lot more. Moreover, the changelog also mentions that location info can be now reported automatically before the device is powered off.
- [May 21, 2021]: Xiaomi is sending the May 2021 security patch to Redmi Note 9 units based on android 10 OS. The bump in level enhances the system security improvements from different kinds of security vulnerabilities. The new build bears the firmware version V18.104.22.168.QJOINXM is currently rolling out in India. The package also adds a new change that can automatically report location info before switching off the device.
- [March 02, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9 Global and Russian users have started picking the February 2021 Security patch update. The update appears on the firmware version V22.214.171.124.QJOMIXM for the global users and the V126.96.36.199.QJORUXM for the Russian users. The update comes with the latest Security patch, optimizations, and bug fixes. It optimizes the app launch speed, Multiple system features are more responsive now, and the Camera works faster and better now. The update fixes the Multiple issues triggered by insufficient RAM resources.
- [February 22, 2021]: Xiaomi has begun spinning out the February 2021 Security patch update of the Redmi 9 users. The update is arriving on the build version MIUI 188.8.131.52 QJCIDXM, which weighs nearly 185MB in size, and as of now, it is currently limited to Indonesian markets only. Talking about the changelog, apart from the latest security patch, there’s nothing new in this update.
Firmware version: MIUI 184.108.40.206 QJCIDXM
Security patch level: February 2021
OTA Apply for V220.127.116.11
- [February 08, 2021]: The Redmi Note 9 5G users have started experiencing a new update with the February 2021 Security patch. The update bears the Firmware version V18.104.22.168.QJSCNXM ad it’s currently rolling out to the Chinese users. As per the changelog, the update adds the new Security patch brings optimizations, and improvements to the system security. Besides these, there’s nothing new in the update.
- [February 04, 2021]: Xiaomi has started steering out a new update for the Redmi 9 users with the January 2021 Security patch. The update bears the MIUI V22.214.171.124.QJCMIXM Firmware version and it is rolling out Globally. Apart from the January 2021 Security patch, the company has included anything in this update. Interested users can download the updated OTA file by following the below and flash it manually.
Firmware Version: V126.96.36.199.QJCMIXM
OTA Apply for V188.8.131.52
- [January 23, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the January 2021 security patch update to the Redmi Note 9 Turkey users. The update is spinning out on the MIUI V184.108.40.206.QJZTRXM Firmware version and comes only with the January 2021 Security patch. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. Interested users can download the updated OTA file and install it manually.
Firmware Version: V220.127.116.11.QJZTRXM
OTA Apply for V18.104.22.168
- [January 8, 2021]: A couple of days back, Xiaomi has rolled out the MIUI 12 update to the Redmi 9 Indian users. Now, the company has started seeding out the same update to Chinese users. The update bears the V22.214.171.124.QJCCNXM Firmware version and weighs nearly 2GB in size. Talking about the changes, it comes with MIUI 12 features & goodness, fixes, optimizations, and improvements.
Redmi 9 (China)
November 2020 Security Patch
- [December 02, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 Security Patch update for the Redmi Note 9 users. The update bears the V126.96.36.199.QJOINXM Firmware version for Indian users and the V188.8.131.52.QJOIDXM for Indonesian users. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, new add-ons, and optimizations. For a piece of clear information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
Redmi Note 9 (India) – V184.108.40.206.QJOINXM
Redmi Note 9 (Indonesia)- V220.127.116.11.QJOIDXM
[November 19, 2020]: After the successful rollout of the October 2020 Security patch update, Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 security patch update for the Redmi 9 users. The update bears the V18.104.22.168.QJORUXM Firmware version for Russian users and the V22.214.171.124.QJOTRXM Firmware version for Turkey users. As stated by the changelog, the update packs with the latest Security patch, a new add-on (Tapping a blank spot in the Control centre closes it now), and optimizations for Control centre layout in landscape mode.
October 2020 Security Patch
[November 6, 2020]: Xiaomi is rolling out the October Security 2020 Patch for Remi Note 9 in Indonesia. The firmware version V126.96.36.199.QJOIDXM is a rolling OTA update. There are no other improvements or feature addition via the latest update.
However, if you find MIUI annoying, then you can try other custom ROMs as listed in this guide. There are several options live LineageOS 17.1, Evolution X, and Pixel Experience ROM for a better experience.