Make sure to visit: How to root Redmi Note 8 / Pro using TWRP
As of now, the latest is available for Global users and can be identified through the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RCOMIXM weighing 2.4 GB in size. Also, it is expected to reach out to more markets in the comings days.
Talking about changes, the changelog only mentions that the software optimizes system performance. Also, it improves system security and stability. Needless to say, this will be in addition to the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Version. Though the skin does not inculcate any major additions, it does bring some features that are essential for a seamless performance.
- Optimized system performance
- Improved system security and stability
Xiaomi divides the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced into four parts which are as below:
- Swift performance: More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring a smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
As always, the package is rolling out in batches thus, taking more time to reach all units. However, you can always track the update manually via Settings > About phone > Check for new updates