The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series was unveiled in February 2022 running Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 underneath. The phone’s displays are protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and they run Android 12 One UI 4.1 out of the box. The rear sides of the Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra carry a 13 MP + 6 MP dual-camera setup. At the front, there’s a 12 MP snapper for selfies and video calls.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Galaxy Tab S8 Series Updates Tracker
Here is a list of updates Samsung released for the Galaxy Tab S8 Series. The builds are listed in descending order according to the date.
- [September 16, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series becomes the latest handset to pick up the Android 12L update. Along with the new OS, the company has also updated the skin version to One UI 4.1.1. The latest Android version is specially created for larger screens and packs plenty of features that you can see here.
- [September 9, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ is receiving the September 2022 Security Patch in Europe via the firmware version X800XXU2AVI1.
- [September 8, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S8+ 5G with firmware version X808USQU2AVH6. The build is available for the Verizon carrier network in the USA. It packs the One UI 4.1.1 features along with some other enhancements. Refer to the changelog below for precise details.
Galaxy Tab S8 series’ new and improved taskbar is sleeker and more responsive than ever with expanded multitasking capabilities. Customize your taskbar with your favorite apps and tap seamlessly and speedily between active sessions. The taskbar also remembers and displays your two most recently used applications at any given time, so you can always easily pick up where you left off.
- Split Screen
Split Screen View can take your multitasking to new heights by displaying up to 3 apps at once, which users can rearrange and resize to best fit whatever tasks they’re working on. When a notification pops up, users can choose to enter full screen straight away or drag the notification next to a currently active app to instantly enter Split Screen View without disrupting what they were already doing.Step-by-step: Go to Settings > Advanced Features > Labs > Turn on Multi window for all apps
Pop-overs let you peek right through your pop-overs by touching and holding the screen around them. Doing this will turn pop-overs temporarily transparent so that you can see the rest of the app behind them. They reappear as soon as you lift your finger. Through simple touch and hold, this seamless flow lets you see the big picture when it comes to making new plans and also works with Clock and Reminder apps.
Step-by-step: Open your Samsung Calendar / Clock / Reminder > Plan a new event in a pop-over > Touch and hold the screen outside the pop-over to peek through
- [August 29, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is receiving One UI 4.1.1 in Europe and South Korea. The Galaxy Tab S8 is getting X70xBXXU2AVH2, Galaxy S8+ is getting X80xBXXU2AVH5 and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is receiving X90xBXXU2AVH2.
- [May 11, 2022]: The May 2022 security patch update is now available for the Galaxy Tab S8 and the Galaxy Tab S8+. The software is rolling out worldwide with firmware versions X700XXU2AVD6 and X800XXU2AVD6, respectively.
- [April 28, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is getting another update with firmware version X900XXU2AVD6. The build bumps the security maintenance to May 2022 and it improves the overall stability and security.
- [March 15, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is receiving the February 2022 security patch. Arriving on the firmware version X900XXU1AVC5, the update is currently available in South Korea.
The OTA update will roll out in phases and if you did not receive it already, you must be in line to get it shortly. To check the update manually, you can go to Settings > Software update.