The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series was unveiled in February 2022 running Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 underneath. The phone’s displays are protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and they run Android 12 One UI 4.1 out of the box. The rear sides of the Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra carry a 13 MP + 6 MP dual-camera setup. At the front, there’s a 12 MP snapper for selfies and video calls.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Galaxy Tab S8 Series Updates Tracker
Here is a list of updates Samsung released for the Galaxy Tab S8 Series. The builds are listed in descending order according to the date.
- [August 18, 2023]: The Samsung started rolling out One UI 5.1.1 software update for the Galaxy Tab S8 series with better multitasking features. One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra in European countries comes with the One UI version X706BXXU5BWH6, X806BXXU5BWH6, and X906BXXU5BWH6 respectively.
- [May 09, 2023]: The latest software update for the Galaxy Tab S8 comes with firmware version X700OPU4BWD8. The Galaxy Tab S8+ and the Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra are getting updated with firmware versions X800OPU4BWD8 and X900OPU4BWD8, respectively. The new software includes the May 2023 security patch that fixes over 70 security flaws.
- [May 06, 2023]: The update should be available for all three Tab S8 models. For now, it is rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra. The update carries firmware version Xx06BXXU4BWD8.
- [March 02, 2023]: Samsung will soon deliver the official One UI 5.1 software update for the Galaxy Tab S8 variant in Korea. Galaxy Tab S8 will also be upgraded with the February 2023 security patch with the new firmware version X700XXU3BWB5/X700OXM3BWB5.
- [March 01, 2023]: The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S8 is live in Europe, India, and South Korea. The new firmware build number varies it should end with BWB4.
- [February 23, 2023]: The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S8 series is currently rolling out in Europe. The software versions of the One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S8, Tab S8+, and Tab S8 Ultra are X706BXXU3BWB4, X806BXXU3BWB4, and X906BXXU3BWB4, respectively.
- [February 20, 2023]: The latest software update for the Galaxy Tab S8 comes with firmware version X70xBXXU3BWB4, while the updates for the Galaxy Tab S8+ and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra have firmware versions X80xBXXU3BWB4 and X90xBXXU3BWB4, respectively. The new update brings the February 2023 security patch that fixes around four dozen security vulnerabilities.
- [December 15, 2022]: The second generation Galaxy Tab S8 is grabbing the update along with December 2022 Security patch in Germany. The firmware version X*06BXXU3BVL2 in Europe is now rolling out.
- [November 23, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the November 2022 security patch for the Galaxy Tab S8 with One UI 5.0. The build is currently rolling out in France with firmware version Xx06BXXU2BVK4.
- [November 14, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra are receiving firmware version numbers X706BXXU2BVK4, X806BXXU2BVK4, and X906BXXU2BVK4 respectively. The Galaxy Tab S8 are getting the stable Android 13 (One UI 5.0) update in all European countries. The November 2022 security patch that fixes close to four dozen privacy and security vulnerabilities and update brings faster performance, dozens of new software features, revamped UI design, and improved privacy and security in Galaxy smartphones and tablets.
- [September 16, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 series becomes the latest handset to pick up the Android 12L update. Along with the new OS, the company has also updated the skin version to One UI 4.1.1. The latest Android version is specially created for larger screens and packs plenty of features that you can see here.
- [September 9, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+ is receiving the September 2022 Security Patch in Europe via the firmware version X800XXU2AVI1.
- [September 8, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S8+ 5G with firmware version X808USQU2AVH6. The build is available for the Verizon carrier network in the USA. It packs the One UI 4.1.1 features along with some other enhancements. Refer to the changelog below for precise details.
Galaxy Tab S8 series’ new and improved taskbar is sleeker and more responsive than ever with expanded multitasking capabilities. Customize your taskbar with your favorite apps and tap seamlessly and speedily between active sessions. The taskbar also remembers and displays your two most recently used applications at any given time, so you can always easily pick up where you left off.
- Split Screen
Split Screen View can take your multitasking to new heights by displaying up to 3 apps at once, which users can rearrange and resize to best fit whatever tasks they’re working on. When a notification pops up, users can choose to enter full screen straight away or drag the notification next to a currently active app to instantly enter Split Screen View without disrupting what they were already doing.Step-by-step: Go to Settings > Advanced Features > Labs > Turn on Multi window for all apps
Pop-overs let you peek right through your pop-overs by touching and holding the screen around them. Doing this will turn pop-overs temporarily transparent so that you can see the rest of the app behind them. They reappear as soon as you lift your finger. Through simple touch and hold, this seamless flow lets you see the big picture when it comes to making new plans and also works with Clock and Reminder apps.
Step-by-step: Open your Samsung Calendar / Clock / Reminder > Plan a new event in a pop-over > Touch and hold the screen outside the pop-over to peek through
- [August 29, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 is receiving One UI 4.1.1 in Europe and South Korea. The Galaxy Tab S8 is getting X70xBXXU2AVH2, Galaxy S8+ is getting X80xBXXU2AVH5 and Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is receiving X90xBXXU2AVH2.
- [May 11, 2022]: The May 2022 security patch update is now available for the Galaxy Tab S8 and the Galaxy Tab S8+. The software is rolling out worldwide with firmware versions X700XXU2AVD6 and X800XXU2AVD6, respectively.
- [April 28, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is getting another update with firmware version X900XXU2AVD6. The build bumps the security maintenance to May 2022 and it improves the overall stability and security.
- [March 15, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is receiving the February 2022 security patch. Arriving on the firmware version X900XXU1AVC5, the update is currently available in South Korea.
The OTA update will roll out in phases and if you did not receive it already, you must be in line to get it shortly. To check the update manually, you can go to Settings > Software update.