Xiaomi unveiled the Mi Max 3 in July 2018 with Android 8.1 (Oreo) pre-installed. Later the device got updated to Android 10 with MIUI 12 on top. As the device has received two major OS updates, it is not eligible to grab Android 11. But, the company is still sending its latest skin MIUI 12.5 based on Android 10.
The latest build for the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is arriving on firmware version 184.108.40.206.QEDCNXM. Presently, the software is limited to China, it will make way for other regions in the upcoming weeks. FYI, this is the first smartphone to grab the MIUI 12.5 that is based on Android 10.
Concerning changes, the build adds new features and optimizations to the device. Moreover, it brings performance improvements, UI tweaks, enhanced privacy, and new animations. Refer to the official changelog below for precise details.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
The update is currently in the ‘Stable Beta’ phase, making it available for selected users. A border rollout will follow after ensuring there are no critical bugs left. But, as always you can manually track the build by heading to Settings > About phone > System update.