Starting from the older flagships, Xiaomi has started sending the latest stable skin, MIUI 12.5 to the newer devices. Recently, the company updated the Poco X3 Pro. Similar software is now rolling out to the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. The device was launched in March 2019 with Android 11 based MIUI 12.
The latest update is currently rolling out for European and Global variants of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. The software bears the firmware version V220.127.116.11.RKQEUXM. Talking about the changes, the new skin gives 20 times more power to the device. Here’s the precise changelog issued by the company.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- System animations
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- Xiaomi Cloud
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
- Control Center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: MIUI 11 custom toggle order is preserved after updating to MIUI 12
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Optimization: Readjusted sensitive areas for the dots in the unlock pattern
- Optimization: GPS icon in the status bar
- Optimization: The UI for renaming fingerprints
- Fix: Lock screen notification animations froze after the device was unlocked using face data
- Fix: Notifications flashed in some cases
- Fix: Floating notifications weren’t displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Fix: Notification badges weren’t updated for incoming notifications on a locked device
As always, the update is rolling out to a limited number of users at first. A wider rollout fill follows after making sure that there are no critical bugs left.