Xiaomi‘s new skin, MIUI 12.5 enhanced is promptly making way for more devices. The latest handset to join the list is the Xiaomi Mi 11i. The smartphone was released in May 2021 powering Android 11 based MIUI 12 on top.
The MIUI 12.5 Enhanced update is rolling out globally via the firmware version V220.127.116.11.RKKMIXM. Concerning changes, the security patch will be bumped to Septmber 2021 once you flash the update. Moreover, the changelog claims to bring fixes in the lock screen, status bar, and notification shade. Needless to say, the extensive features of the new skin will be a major part of the update.
- MIUI12.5 Enhanced
- Swift performance: More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring a smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
- Smart balance: Core system improvements allow your device to make the best of the flagship hardware specs.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2021. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Using Face unlock and Fingerprint unlock simultaneously led to crashes in some cases
- Fix: Lock screen notifications disappeared after an ended call
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Cleaner animations weren’t displayed correctly
As usual, the OTA update is having an incremental rollout. Therefore, it may take a while to reach all units. Meanwhile, you can manually track the update via the Settings app > Software update > Check for update.