In Q1 2019, Xiaomi had officially introduced the Redmi Note 7 series— Note 7 and Note 7 Pro. Talking about the specification, the device features a 6.3-inch IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The lineup offers Android 9 (Pie) out of the box and runs Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets. The front camera houses a 13MP lens while the rear sensors are lead by a 48MP primary snapper.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro smartphone updates.
Redmi Note 7/ 7 Pro Updates Tracker
- [September 14, 2021]: The Redmi Note 7 is receiving MIUI 12.5 update in Europe via the build number V18.104.22.168.QFGEUXM. Besides, a whole new user experience with additional features and other changes. The package also enhances security by inculcating the August 2021 security patch. Below is the official changelog.
New: Response to gestures is now instant.
New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- [July 20, 2021]: Redmi Note 7 is receiving MIUI 12.5 update for global variants through firmware version V22.214.171.124.QFGMIXM weighs 2.4GB in size. The update brings enhanced performance, UI tweaks, new animations, privacy features, an updated Notes app, and a lot more. Moreover, the changelog also mentions the June 2021 security patch for the device. Here is what you will get flashing the new software.
- [June 30, 2021]: The Redmi Note 7 Pro is the latest device to grab the MIUI 12.5 update. The build arrives on firmware version 126.96.36.199.QFHCNXM in China. As far as features are concerned, MIUI 12.5 brings enhanced performance, new features, and a lot more. Moreover, the changelog also mentions the May 2021 security patch for the device. Visit our dedicated article to read more.
- [November 20, 2020]: Xiaomi has finally started spinning out the MIUI 12 update for both the Redmi Note 7 and 7S smartphones. The update bears the V188.8.131.52.QFGINXM Firmware version and weighs nearly 476MB in size. You can read the changes here.
- [June 23, 2020]: Xiaomi has finally started spinning out the latest Android 10 version for Redmi Note 7 users. The new update brings Android 10 looks and completely minimized features of it. Presently, the update is rolling out only in China via V184.108.40.206.QFGCNXM Software version. Tap here to read more.
Xiaomi is sending the updates in phases and it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. Meanwhile, you can navigate to Settings > Software updates > check for updates to manually check the update status. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.