Asus is aggressively pushing updates for its flagship ROG series for the past some time. Here is a list of all such builds that pack several fixes and improvements to strengthen the device’s security.
Must See: Asus ROG Phone 5 Series launched in India; Price starts at Rs. 49,999
Asus ROG Phone 5 Update Tracker
- [February 01, 2023]: Asus ROG Phone 5 (ZS673KS) is receiving a new update with the firmware version 31.0810.1226.146 carrying January 2023 Security Patch.
- [November 21, 2022]: Asus is rolling out November 2022 Security Patch for the Asus ROG Phone 5 via 31.0810.1226.139.
- [September 21, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 5 is receiving a new update with the firmware version 31.0810.1226.128 carrying September 2022 Security Patch.
- [August 25, 2022]: The ROG Phone 5 is picking up a new software update that bumps the security maintenance to July 2022. The build is rolling out with the firmware version 31.0810.1226.114. Besides increasing privacy, the update does not bring any other significant changes.
- [June 23, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 5 is getting a new update on the firmware version31.0810.1226.91. The build does not pack any major changes. However, it optimizes the touch experience and the NFC reading speed of HK Octopus cards via phone. Also, after updating, your device will support HK WiFi 6E.
- Optimized Touch Experience
- Supported HK WiFi 6E
- Optimized the NFC reading speed of HK Octopus cards via phone
- [April 29, 2022]: Asus is releasing another update for the ROG Phone 5 with March 2022 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version 31.0810.1226.77. In addition, it fixes the fingerprint indicator issue and brings a couple of optimizations as mentioned in the changelog below.
- Updated Android security patch to 2022-03
- Optimized system stability
- Fixed an occasional issue where the fingerprint indicator would show on the screen after unlocking the phone
- Optimized the switch behavior of the Bluetooth audio path while making VOIP calls
- [April 6, 2022]: The ROG Phone 5 is getting a new update on firmware version 31.0810.1226.67. For Android 12 users, it packs the February 2022 security patch along with a couple of fixes as mentioned in the changelog below. Whereas for Android 11 users, it brings all the goodness of the latest operating system.
Changelog (For Android 12)
- Updated Android security patch to 2022-02
- Fixed an issue with Game Genie becoming unresponsive while playing games
- Fixed an issue with notifications not being displayed correctly while using Ultra-durable mode
- Optimized audio parameters
- [March 29, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 5 is upgrading to the February 2022 security patch that bears the firmware version 18.0840.2202.231. Besides, it also optimizes the system performance.
- Updated Android security patch to 2022-02
- Optimized system performance
- [March 1, 2022]: The ROG Phone 5 is getting a new update globally, including in Japan and Europe. The build arrives on firmware version 18.0840.2201.226. It packs the January 2022 security patch along with a few other changes. Refer to the changelog below for precise details.
– Updated Android security patch to 2022-01
– Added the ability for including ROG watermark to screenshots
– Fixed an issue where Instagram would crash when launched as a twin app
– Fixed the abnormal use of U-mobile APP in India
– Optimized audio parameters
[December 29, 2021]: Asus is releasing December 2021 security patch to the ROG Phone 5. The update bears the firmware version 18.0840.2112.210. Also, it fixes an issue where the status bar information was incorrect sometimes while charging.
Google Security Patch (December 5, 2021)
Fixes an issue where the status bar information was sometimes incorrect when charging the device with the USB port at the bottom of the main unit.
- [December 2, 2021]: Asus ROG Phone 5 is receiving a new update in Japan via the firmware version 18.0840.2111.200. The build is not major but it improves the system stability ensuring a seamless performance.
Improve System Stability
- [November 22, 2021]: Asus is rolling out a new update for the ROG Phone 5 on the firmware version JP_18.0840.2111.196. The package adds the November 2021 security patch and resolves a few issues. Below is the official changelog by the company.
ο Google Security Patch Update (November 5, 2021)
ο Fixed the problem that the color of the setting screen was not displayed properly
ο Fixe an issue that could cause screen display issues when browsing certain web pages
ο Fixed an issue where the Lightning Armor Case would sometimes not work properly after connecting a gamepad
ο Fixed an issue where the device might shut down automatically in rare cases when using LINE calls
- [November 8, 2021]: Asus ROG Phone 5 is receiving a new update on the firmware version 18.0840.2109.188. The update Optimizes the charging experience function which is currently rolling out in Europe. Besides this, the changelog does not mention any other improvements or additions.
- [September 30, 2021]: Asus has pushed a new update to the Rog Phone 5. It comes with the build number 18.0840.2109.176 and is live for the models with the number ZS673KS. The update brings the September 2021 security patch and brings many fixes to the device. They also optimized the refresh rate and fixed the issue of some games and headsets. The update is rolling out as FOTA and is randomly pushing to several units. Head to Settings to check if the update has reached your unit.
- [23 July 2021]: Asus Rog Phone 5 starts receiving several bug fixes and June 2021 Security patch via the firmware 18.0840.2106.86. Other changes are listed below the new firmware update for Asus ROG Phone 5 comes with a fix for the game crash while opening multiple windows to change system navigation and settings. Broken sound issue while screen recording is also fixed along with the resolution of low notification sound while using Bluetooth headsets in standby mode. Furthermore, the Facebook Messenger notification issue is also resolved while in blocking mode. Other prominent fixes resolve the issue of reduced call volume, voice recording issue of a team in the game. Moreover, it optimized the touch experiences and fixes the sound effect for speaker playback.The 5G network issue while connected to the GT-AX11000 router is resolved and now the users can use 5G services flawlessly.
- [4 April 2020] Asus rolls out April 2021 security patch update to ROG Phone 5
- [26 March 2021] Asus ROG Phone 5 gets March security patch with certain fixes
- [12 March 2021] Asus ROG Phone 5 starts receiving a new update with firmware version 18.0830.2101.75
- [3 March 2021] Asus ROG Phone 5 receiving its very first update with a couple of new features
Asus Rog Phone 5 specifications
Asus rog Phone comes with Snapdragon 888 SoC coupled with an octa-core processor and Adreno 660 GPU. The smartphone houses a 6.78-inch AMOLED display having a 144Hz refresh rate, 1200 nits peak brightness and 1090 x 2448 pixels resolution. It is available in the four different storage options including 128GB + 8GB RAM, 128GB + 12GB RAM, 256GB + 12GB RAM and 256GB + 16GB RAM.
There’s a 64MP triple-rear camera sensor along with a 13MP ultrawide sensor and a 5MP macro sensor. The smartphone houses a 24MP selfie camera for video calling while gaming.
A massive 6000 mAh battery is present on the board with 65W fast charging and 10W reverse charging support. It is available in Phantom Black and Storm White color options.
You can bookmark Asus ROG Phone 5 update tracker to keep track of the new firmware.
Related: Asus ROG Phone 5 receives a new update with Improved stability