Asus update train is a little slow as compared to other OEMs. A few days back, the Taiwan giant released the February security patch and several optimizations to the ROG Phone 5. Now, the company is rolling out the last month’s Google Android safety level, March 2021 along with certain fixes to the smartphone.
Make sure to visit: WhatsApp voice message features get playback speed control via the latest update
The latest build for Asus ROG Phone 5 can be identified by firmware version number 18.0840.2103.26. Along with the March 2021 security patch, it brings adjustable support for visual enhancement display for some games. Also, the steady charging now supports a wider range. Moreover, the package resolves certain bugs and arrives with system optimizations.
- Updated Android security patch to 2021-03
- Support “Visual enhancement” display setting in the scenario profile of Arena of Valor、PUBG、and Call of Duty Mobile
- Steady Charging supports a wider range: within or outside scheduled charging period
- Adjusted the visual movement logic of Always-on Panel
- Fixed the bug where exiting a game through gestures, the popup toast would be cut off by the edge of the display
- Fix issue where Google News could cause a sudden reboot
- Fixed the issue where Always-on display would continuously be in low brightness
- Fixed issue of ROG Vision console disappearing after the phone is connected to a USB Type-C dongle
- Optimized the time to reconnect to the internet after switching to Wi-Fi
- Optimize restart speed
- Fixed issue where refusing the permission request of “Music” atmospheric lights twice in a row, the “Music” atmospheric lights cannot be turned on
- Fixed the issue of distorted or missing pictures of ‘People’ albums in the wallpaper carousel
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in batches, making it take more time to hit every unit. If you have an Asus ROG Phone 5, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can flash the firmware via Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.