Realme 8 series was launched last month with two variants, Realme 8 and 8 Pro. The smartphone features a 6.43-inch display with a 120Hz 1080p Super AMOLED AOD display. It powers Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 out of the box paired with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. There’s a quad rear camera and a single selfie sensor at the front.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest information regarding the smartphone updates.
Realme 8 and 8 Pro Update Tracker
- [September 1, 2021]: The Realme 8 5G is receiving a new update that bumps the security patch to August 2021. The build is limited to India as of now and is arriving on firmware version RMX3241_11_A.10. Besides, the package optimizes the network and system stability for an enhanced experience. Moreover, it improves the quality of the camera app and fixes the front light leakage issue.
- Updated Android security patch: August 2021
- Optimized system stability, improved user experience
- Optimized the network connection in some scenarios
- Optimized the image brightness and quality of the rear camera
- Fixed probabilistic front camera light leakage issue
- [August 24. 2021]: The July 2021 security patch is rolling out to realme 8 units in India. The update arrives on the firmware version RMX3085_11.A.19 and it brings more than a safety patch. Majorly, the build adds RAM expansion feature i.e; some part of the device’s internal memory can be taken to act like RAM. Further, it addresses some bugs and refines the overall performance of the device. Here is the precise changelog.
- Adds the RAM expansion feature.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue where the scroll bar would sometimes disappear in File Manager.
- Fixes an issue where the screen would flicker when you rotate the screen to view photos shot with the screen locked.
- Fixes an issue where images received in some third-party apps could not be edited.
- Integrates the July 2021 Android security patch.
- [May 27, 2021]: The Realme 8 4G units in India are receiving the current security maintenance, May 2021 patch. Moreover, the changelog also mentions several camera and gaming optimizations. Additionally, it fixes the issue where the screen will turn off in some scenarios. But, the main focus remains on the camera. Here’s What’s new with the update.
- Updated Android security patch: May 2021
- Optimized gaming performance in some scenarios and improved gaming experience
- Optimized the image clarity of the front camera
- Optimized the image effect of the rear camera in food scenes
- Optimized the image clarity of the rear camera in normal mode
- Optimized the image noise of the rear camera at 64M mode in some scenarios
- Optimized the image clarity of video recording
- Optimized the image clarity of the rear flashlight
- Optimized the probabilistic focus issue while scanning QR codes in some third-party apps
- Fixed the probabilistic screen-off issue in some particular scenarios
- [May 20, 2021]: The pro variant is increasing its safety level by inculcating the May 2021 Android security patch. The bump is rolling out to the Realme 8 Pro units in India with firmware version RMX3081_11_A.33. The changelog mentions that the company resolves some known issues, that ultimately enhance the system stability. Moreover, it brings a fix for probabilistic display black screen issues in some scenarios.
- [April 26, 2021]: The Realme 8 4G and Realme 8 Pro are receiving the March and April 2021 security patch updates in India and China. The build arrives on firmware version RMX3085_11_A.10 that brings fixes for several camera issues and enhances the fingerprint sensor performance. Click here to get more details of this package.
- [April 14, 2021]: Realme 8 Pro is receiving an update in India that brings camera improvements to the smartphone. The build bears the version number RMX3081_11_A.28. The package optimizes the steady effect in video recordings from the rear camera. Realme also brings fixes for the fingerprint issue where the unlocking is slow while the screen is off. Other fixes include the issues of the network, the low battery conditions where the phone starts to lag. Tap here to know more.
- [April 5, 2021]: Realme 8 has started tasting its first update with a few limited changes. Identified by the firmware version RMX3085_11_A.05 weighs about 201MB in size and currently rolling out only to the Indian users. The update brings optimizations for the camera app and touch screen experience. To go for details, Head here.
As usual, Realme is sending the updates in a phase-wise manner. As a result, it is expected to reach all the units within a week. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.