A few days back, Google rolled out the stable Android 13 update to the Pixel smartphones. Smartphones from other brands are yet to receive a stable update. Google has started upgrading its Play System without upgrading the OS. It was introduced with Android 10, which combines the Google Play System and Play Store. The brand also reveals the changelog of each upgrade. It will help older smartphones to get the latest features. Google has been upgrading the Play System every month, and it also used to release changelog. The August 2022 Google Play System update includes a few changes resembling Android 13.
Must See: Google Play system gets March 2022 update with critical fixes, new features, and more
The AutoFill user interface has been changed to the dynamic colours of Material You. It hasn’t been rolled out yet and will be available for smartphones in the coming days. The Settings of Google Play Service will offer better control and cleaner visuals. In Japan, Google would allow adding money to Google Pay using eMoney cards to pay in transit and stores. Google also adds location & context-related developer services for third-party developers. Here is a complete changelog of the August 2022 update;
Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] This release adds link groups to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Material 3 dynamic color in Android Help.
System Management & Diagnostics
- [Phone] New settings screens provide better visibility into and control over the functionality in Google Play services on your device.
- [Phone] New UI for AutoFill.
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay on transit and in stores in Japan.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support Location & Context related developer services in their apps.
- Updates to system management services that improve security, and stability.
 Available through Google Play services v33.22 updated on 08/18/2022
 Available through Google Play Store v31.1 updated on 07/28/2022.
All the above-said features can be obtained after installing Google Play Store Version 33.22. The update is rolling out globally and will take time to reach all units. Head to Settings of the Play Store to check the current version; you can update it from there. You can also manually download and install the latest Play Store v31.1 by visiting our dedicated tracker and download the Play Services v33.22 from here.