App we are waiting for, popular photo-sharing app Instagram is now available for Android devices. The much-anticipated photo and sharing service had been an iOS exclusive since its debut way back in 2010, but the company has been teasing hundreds of millions of Android users with the release for months.
“Fast, beautiful photo sharing now for Android,” Instagram said.
The app is available for Android 2.2 users and above, and I don’t need to tell you this is going to be one of the most popular Android apps ever. We’re glad that the company took its time with it, too, because it is not a straight iPhone port; instead it utilizes many of the important Android design techniques, including, for ICS users, the new menu button.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
- And much much more…
Download Instagram for Android in Google Play