OnePlus had stopped the software support for its first device, OnePlus One way long ago. The Android Marshmallow is the final major OS upgrade that OnePlus One received. In spite of that, the users of this good-old device has been tasting the subsequent flavours of the Android courtesy to the active unofficial developers. Especially, the LineageOS team has proved to be quite generous towards it. Initially with the official LineageOS 14.1 support based on Nougat 7.1.2 and now extending the support to the latest LineageOS 15.1 based on Android Oreo 8.1. Today, we are going to show you how you can install official LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One.
OnePlus One users ought to be joyous by seeing an official LineageOS 15.1 build available for their device. It’s to be noted that, the device has already “unofficial” LOS 15.1 support. Hence, you shouldn’t be confused with the two builds as they are different and maintained by different developers. As it’s obvious, the official builds are more stable and frequent (nightly) OTA updates guaranteed compared to the unofficial builds.
Read More: How to install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus One via unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 Best custom ROMs for the OnePlus One 2017
Well, we should say that the OnePlus One is truly a lucky gadget. The device which had hit the market 4 years ago with the Android KitKat 4.4 on-board has over the time received two major updates from OnePlus. Later the unofficial developers took the batton and to be honest, has done a great job in keeping the novelty of the device intact.
If interested to try the official LineageOS 15.1 on your OnePlus One. Don’t waste any more time as we’re dropping the link of the ROM below. Flash it via TWRP and don’t forget to do a full wipe of the system and internal storage before flashing the ROM even if you’re on the unofficial LOS 15.1 currently.
Now we will see a full procedure to install official LineageOS on OnePlus One. In order to perform this, you need to have to download some files. For that you can head over to the download section below.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One
- Do have a check whether the bootloader is unlocked in your device. If not unlocked it and then have a check over the tutorial about rooting.
- Once the device is rooted even check whether TWRP recovery is installed.
- Remember you need to take a backup before you go ahead.
- Then you need to download the file details mentioned above i.e. Lineage OS 15.1, Gapps for Android 8.1 and stable version of Magisk 15.
- Once the files are downloaded over your PC, transfer them to your device.
- Reboot the device to TWRP recovery.
- Select the full wipe option i.e. wipe out cache.
- Flash the LineageOS 15.1 8.1 Oreo custom ROM by selecting the option,
- The even flash Magisk and Gapps.
- Reboot to system.
Then Download the latest Gapps for Android 8.1 Oreo.
Download the latest stable version of Magisk 15.1.
This is our guide to Install LineageOS 15.1 on OnePlus One. Already there are plenty of ROMs available to flash but Official Lineage oS support is something different.