After testing for few months, OnePlus has finally pushed the Oxygen OS 11 Aka Android 11 update for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. OnePlus started the open beta for these devices back in early July 2021. They also pushed their second and third open-beta updates at a later stage. Back on August 9th, they delivered the third beta. Within two days, they are now pushing the stable update for the OnePlus 6 series. The significant change lies in the shift in the user interface from Oxygen OS 10.
The brand has informed us that the OTA will be pushed in a staged manner. Only a few users will receive the new update today. It will be pushed to a more significant number of people once the feedback comes. They have also clarified that the rollout is not based on region but pushing to random smartphones. What the brand meant by that is, using VPN may or may not fetch updates for you. But don’t worry, we will be including the download links for both the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. For now, let us have a look at the changelog of the new update.
- Updated to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Since this is a big Android update with multiple new features, the upgrade process might be a little longer, please be more patient.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Added a shortcut for Dark Mode, you can pull down the Quick Settings panel and find it
- Supported automatically enable by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
Download and install Oxygen OS11 on OnePlus 6 & OnePlus 6T!
If you don’t know how to install these updates, then head to Settings. After this, scroll down until you find System and choose System Updates. Now, tap on the top-right icon and choose the Local Upgrade option to update your device. We hope that you have successfully installed the update on your device. Would you please let us know if you have updated your device in the comment section?