The global users of 2019-launched high-end smartphones by OnePlus have marked enough time to grab the Android 11 update, which has already been unfurled in China earlier this month. To clear your doubt, the phones including OnePlus 7T lineup – OnePlus 7T, and 7T Pro. That means, finally, these handsets have passed the Beta testing stage and are receiving the Stable Android 11 update.
However, there is no official note released by the Chinese giant yet, but the reports suggest that some users have bagged the new build which weighs around 2.5 GB. This could be the usual primary indication by OnePlus to test the stability and ensure zero-bugs by rolling it to randomly selected units. For now, the OTA update of Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 seems to flourish for the OnePlus 7T family.
The latest software will carry the February 2021 security patch by Google along with the new attributes of Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 for say, AOD mode, visual design. Take a glance at the below changelog for more details.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of the Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added the HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads-up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, Whatsapp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Optimize the loading screen of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Even though the firmware will bring a ton of features, but some early flashers tend to face lags in several apps, mainly in the camera. Therefore, if you own any of these handsets, maybe it’s best to hold on to the installation for now. OnePlus will resolve the issues and seed a fixed build soon. If you can’t wait and still want to flash the latest OS hit the below link.
OnePlus 7T Pro