Last year, OnePlus announced one of its most thriving series, the OnePlus 8 lineup, namely, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T. The lineup was launched with Android 10 which is now upgradable to OxygenOS 11 based Android 11 while Snapdragon 865 fuels the family. OnePlus is presenting the series with new updates and several new changes.
The Chinese giant is sending a new OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 8 trio. For now, the build is rolling out in India, Europe and North America region will follow soon. The new software can be identified by the following firmware version.
North America: 18.104.22.168.IN21AA
OnePlus 8 Pro
North America: 22.214.171.124.IN11AA
Nnoth America: 126.96.36.199.KB05AA
The package carries numerous bug fixes and optimizations for system stability and enhanced user experience. Also, some camera issues have been resolved. Let’s take a glimpse of the entire changelog.
- Optimized the position of the EMERGENCY icon in the lock screen
- Improved the navigation gestures sensitivity during charging
- Fixed the failure issue after changing the customized font
- Fixed the issue that the Splash Screen Information Service may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue that the language in Provision does not follow the system language
- Fixed the small probability issue that the expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the small probability issue with the Recorder that the recording quality may not meet the expected result
- Fixed the issue that reusing the wrong fingerprint long press to unlock will cause a flash screen
- Fixed the small probability issue that double-tapping is abnormally triggered when typing
- Fixed the failure issue when waking the voice assistance in lock screen by swiping the icon
- Fixed the issue in which home screen time is displayed abnormally when the system language is Arabic
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.03
- Fixed the lagging issue when playing videos recorded by 4K CINE 60FPS
- OnePlus Share
- Fixed the issue that files sent by other third-party devices cannot be received
- Fixed the issue that the alarm clock may not ring as scheduled on workdays
As usual, the update is live over-the-air and initially, it will hit a limited number of users then a broader rollout will follow later in upcoming days. You can navigate the software by tapping on the device’s Settings > Software update.