With the introduction of Android 12, OnePlus has released the first Beta for the OxygenOS 12. The OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro smartphones are the first devices from the company to experience Android 12. Also, the duo will be the first one to get the stable Android 12 update.
The OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1 claims to provide a whole new personalized and convenient user experience. With a modern user interface, simplified visuals, and subtle display elements, the new OS optimizes the overall experience. OnePlus has also issued an official changelog for the first beta.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work-Life Balance
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
Despite the brand new exposure, the version contains several bugs as it is currently in a beta phase. These will be eliminated with future updates and gone with the final release. Here’s the list of issues known so far.
- Some third-party apps haven’t been adapted to the latest Android version and may not function properly
- Camera might be stuck and unstable sometimes
- Texts and calls might not be able to be received
- Bluetooth earphones may fail to connect and play music
- Information about the CPU is incorrectly displayed
- Buttons in Gallery might not function properly
- Screen recordings may not be saved in some instances
Though the update will not erase any data but OnePlus suggest the users keep their backup. Also, do not forget to maintain at least a 30% battery level and a 3GB of storage space free.