OnePlus is deliberately giving all attention to its Oneplus Nord. At the beginning of this month, the smartphone received an Android 11 stable update, which was later put on hold due to a bugs report. A week later, it bagged OxygenOS Open Beta 4 update. After this, the company has started pushing the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for OnePlus Nord.
This is a hotfix build as defined by OnePlus that brings 18.104.22.168.AC01AA firmware globally, while Indian and European devices will fetch 22.214.171.124.AC01DA and 126.96.36.199.AC01BA respectively. Here is the official detail of changes released by the company.
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved experience
- Optimized power consumption to increase battery life
- Fixed the known issues
- Improved system stability
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
Also, prior to the update, OnePlus mentioned users to make sure that the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 3GB storage space is available.
As usual, the software is out via OTA and will reach out to limited users at first, a broader rollout will follow later in a few days. You can navigate the software by hitting the phone’s Settings > Software update.