OnePlus is one of the Active companies in providing the latest software updates to its smartphones routinely. A couple of moments back, OnePlus has released the Oxygen OS Open Beta 6 update for OnePlus 7T and 7T smartphones. In addition to the Open Beta 6, the company has also included the July Security patch to both the devices in this update.
Heading over to the update, it brings the latest Security Patch, plenty of new features, bug fixes for reported issues, and several optimizations to increase the device’s stability. The new features include the Clock’s Lap time and Split time, gaming snapshots storage, and much more. However, you will be experiencing them while using your device. This update also improves the performance and stability of smartphones. The Changelog of this update is as follows.
- Optimized adaptive brightness curve. The backlight brightness softer, improving user experience
- Fixed the issue that double-tap could not wake up the screen in some settings
- Fixed the automatic pull-down issue with unlock screen in ambient display
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.07
- Newly added “Lap time” and “Split time” title for Stopwatch, the interface looking more clear-cut
- Newly added Moments to store gaming snapshots and screen recordings, please go to the three-dot menu at upper right corner>Moments>Recent/Games to find them.
- Fixed the bug of unable to receive wireless alarm notifications within a short time despite repetitious trials
Fixed the abnormal color display at the top area and button of Notes
The update brings fixes for double-tap not wake up issues, wireless alarm notifications, abnormal color display, automatic pull-down, and much more. The new updates are gradually rolling out to the respective devices via OTA (Over-the-air).
The OTA zip file is not yet available for the update but will be available soon.
You can also try the beta update, but before trying, note that your device will not get any kind of stable system updates in the future. So, think twice before moving ahead with the beta program.