Samsung officially launched the Galaxy Z Flip last year in February with Snapdragon 855+. The phone features a 6.7-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED display paired with 256GB storage and 8GB RAM. Under the hood, it powers Android 10 out of the box. The phone equips a dual rear camera consisting of two 12MP sensors and a 10MP selfie shooter.
Must see: How to Root the Galaxy Z Flip
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated with every build released for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Update Tracker
- [June 24, 2022]: The Galaxy Z Flip is now getting a new update on the firmware version F700FXXU8GVF3. The build bumps the security patch level to June 2022 and is currently rolling out in Italy. The package addresses issues concerning Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, the QR Code scanner, and more.
- [June 8, 2022]: Samsung is expanding the May 2022 security patch update to the Galaxy Z Flip in the US. The build is rolling out through firmware version F700USQU4GVE9 for the carrier-locked models and F700U1UEU4GVE9. for the unlocked variants.
- [May 11, 2022]: The original Galaxy Z Flip is receiving a new update with May 2022 security patch. Arriving on firmware version F700FXXS8GVD8, the update is currently rolling out in Latin American markets. More regions could get the update within the next few weeks.
- [April 14, 2022]: The Galaxy Z Flip in the European market is getting a new software update on firmware version F707BXXU6GVD1. The build packs the April 2022 security patch and brings some general foxes to improve device stability.
- [April 4, 2022]: The One UI 4.1 package is now reaching out to the carrier-unlocked models of the Galaxy Z Flip and the Galaxy Z Flip 5G in the US. The update carries the firmware version F700U1UEU4GVC4 and F707U1UEU2FVC4 respectively for both devices. In addition, it also integrates the March 2022 security patch
- [March 22, 2022]: Samsung is releasing a new software update to the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G in Italy and Switzerland. The build brings the One UI 4.1 upgrade via firmware numbers F700FXXU8GVC2 and F707BXXU6GVC2.
- [March 21, 2022]: The Galaxy Z Flip is receiving the March 2022 security patch update via firmware version F700FXXS8FCV1.
- [February 28, 2022]: The February 2022 security patch is extending to the Galaxy Z Flip 5G units in Asia and Europe via firmware version F707BXXU6FVA9. The update is rolling out in Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic countries, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Singapore, Slovakia, Switzerland, the Baltic region, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and the UK.
- [February 18, 2022]: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G gets the February 2022 security patch in the US via firmware version G781U1UES6EVB1. The update is available for almost all carrier networks, including AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular South, Comcast, C-Spire, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile.
- [February 16, 2022]: The Galaxy Z Flip is getting the February 2022 security patch via the firmware version F700FXXS8FVA2. The build is rolling out in over 50 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and Southeast Asia.
- [December 3, 2021]: The US carrier-locked variant has started rolling out the November 2021 security patch to the Galaxy Z Fold. The update is currently available on Sprint’s network via the firmware version F700USQU1ATAQ.
- [December 2, 2021]: The December 2021 security patch is extending to Austria and Switzerland via the firmware version F700FXXS8EUI2. The company has not detailed the patch yet but we can expect it to reveal by the next week
- [November 30, 2021]: The Galaxy Z Flip becomes the first device by Samsung to receive the December 2021 security patch. The build bumps the firmware version to F707BXXS6EUK1 and is currently rolling out to Australia, Austria, the Baltic region, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic Countries, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, The Czech Republic, The Netherlands, and The UK.
- [November 10, 2021]: Galaxy Z flip 5G is again getting bumped with another security maintenance. The November 2021 patch is rolling out in various European countries via the firmware version F707BXXS5EUJ2. The patch fixes a handful of vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
- [October 20, 2021]: The October security patch is expanding to the unlocked version of the Galaxy Z Flip in the US. The build bumps the firmware version to F700U1UES4EUI2. Apart from this, the package does not carry any other changes. But internally, the patch fixes over five dozen vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
- [October 13, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the current security maintenance to Galaxy Z Flip. The build is unfurling in Asian, European markets, and some African countries via the firmware version F700FXXS8EUI2. The patch fixes more than 60 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities.
- [October 11, 2021]: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is grabbing October 2021 security update. The build is rolling out in Australia and Europe bundled with the firmware version F707BXXS5EUI3. Besides, it could also carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [September 15, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the current security maintenance to the unlocked variants of Galaxy Z Flip. The patch arrives on the firmware version F700U1TBU4EUH6. Also, it is live for all the US carrier networks including AT&T, Comcast, C-Spire, Sprint, Bluegrass Cellular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile.
- [September 7, 2021]: The European & South Korean models of Galaxy Z Flip are getting the September 2021 security patch. The update arrives on the firmware version F700FXXU8EUH5 and F700NKOU3EUH5 respectively for the 4G variants of the device. Whereas, for the 5G units, the number caries to F707BXXU5EUH4 and F707NKSU2DUH4. Besides, the package does not bring any new additions or major changes.
- [August 9, 2021]: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is receiving a new software update in the European markets. The updates carry the August security patch which is rolling out via the firmware version F707BXXS4DUG3. As per Samsung’s documentation, the current maintenance fixes 40 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. However, don’t expect any other change arriving with the new build.
- [July 7, 2021]: The June 2021 security patch is rolling out to Galaxy Z Flip 5G units with model number SM-F707B. The update is presently live in Germany on firmware version F707BXXU3DUF4. This is a minor update that does not add anything new. Though, it fixes various privacy and security-related bugs. Moreover, the Android Auto-related bug is also addressed with the build.
- [June 1, 2021]: Samsung is sending the May 2021 security patch to the carrier-locked units of Galaxy Z Flip 5G in the US. The new update for the Sprint version arrives on build number F707USQU2CUD9. This is a minor bump in safety level and nothing new drives to your device with this update. However, internally, the patch resolves several security vulnerabilities and risks from vectors. Here’s what Samsung is sending to its flagships with May 2021 patch.
- [May 28, 2021]: The 5G units of the Galaxy Z Flip are grabbing the June 2021 security patch even before the month begins. The new software is rolling out with a build number F707BXXS3DUE1 which is currently live in numerous regions including Austria, the Baltic region, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Italy, the Nordic countries, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the UK. As of now, Samsung has not revealed anything about the patch, but it will soon reveal the details as the month arrives.
- [April 15, 2021]: The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip users have started tasting the April 2021 Security Patch update. The update is rolling out on the firmware version F700FXXS4DUD. The changelog of this present update is unavailable right now, but it is expected to address bugs, bring enhancements, loophole fixes, and improvements. Head here for more details on the update.
- [February 18, 2021]: Samsung is seeding out the One UI 3.1 update to the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. The Galaxy Z Flip model is receiving the update in Austria with brings the firmware version F700FXXU4DUB4. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G is receiving One UI 3.1 update in the UK which brings the firmware version F707BXXU2DUB4. To get more details of this update, Click here.
- [June 30, 2020]: Samsung is rolling out the July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Z Flip. The build is currently live in many markets of Asia, while other regions will get a hit soon. The update is arriving on version number F700FXXS2ATF3 that addresses bug fixes and brings enhancements to improve system performance. Read this to know more about the package.
- [June 2, 2020]: Samsung is rolling out the June 2020 security patch to the international variant of Galaxy Z Flip. The model number SM-F700F is the first device to grab the current security maintenance. The update comes with the build number F700FTBS1ATE3 and weighs about 203.09MB. The update also includes stability improvements, bug fixes, and improvements in performance. To know more about the patch, tap here.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification regarding the new build or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.