Samsung officially launched the Galaxy Z Flip last year in February with Snapdragon 855+. The phone features a 6.7-inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED display paired with 256GB storage and 8GB RAM. Under the hood, it powers Android 10 out of the box. The phone equips a dual rear camera consisting of two 12MP sensors and a 10MP selfie shooter.
Must see: How to Root the Galaxy Z Flip
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated with every build released for the Samsung Galaxy A80.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Update Tracker
- [September 15, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the current security maintenance to the unlocked variants of Galaxy Z Flip. The patch arrives on the firmware version F700U1TBU4EUH6. Also, it is live for all the US carrier networks including AT&T, Comcast, C-Spire, Sprint, Bluegrass Cellular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile.
- [September 7, 2021]: The European & South Korean models of Galaxy Z Flip are getting the September 2021 security patch. The update arrives on the firmware version F700FXXU8EUH5 and F700NKOU3EUH5 respectively for the 4G variants of the device. Whereas, for the 5G units, the number caries to F707BXXU5EUH4 and F707NKSU2DUH4. Besides, the package does not bring any new additions or major changes.
- [August 9, 2021]: The Galaxy Z Flip 5G is receiving a new software update in the European markets. The updates carry the August security patch which is rolling out via the firmware version F707BXXS4DUG3. As per Samsung’s documentation, the current maintenance fixes 40 security and privacy-related vulnerabilities. However, don’t expect any other change arriving with the new build.
- [July 7, 2021]: The June 2021 security patch is rolling out to Galaxy Z Flip 5G units with model number SM-F707B. The update is presently live in Germany on firmware version F707BXXU3DUF4. This is a minor update that does not add anything new. Though, it fixes various privacy and security-related bugs. Moreover, the Android Auto-related bug is also addressed with the build.
- [June 1, 2021]: Samsung is sending the May 2021 security patch to the carrier-locked units of Galaxy Z Flip 5G in the US. The new update for the Sprint version arrives on build number F707USQU2CUD9. This is a minor bump in safety level and nothing new drives to your device with this update. However, internally, the patch resolves several security vulnerabilities and risks from vectors. Here’s what Samsung is sending to its flagships with May 2021 patch.
- [May 28, 2021]: The 5G units of the Galaxy Z Flip are grabbing the June 2021 security patch even before the month begins. The new software is rolling out with a build number F707BXXS3DUE1 which is currently live in numerous regions including Austria, the Baltic region, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Italy, the Nordic countries, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and the UK. As of now, Samsung has not revealed anything about the patch, but it will soon reveal the details as the month arrives.
- [April 15, 2021]: The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip users have started tasting the April 2021 Security Patch update. The update is rolling out on the firmware version F700FXXS4DUD. The changelog of this present update is unavailable right now, but it is expected to address bugs, bring enhancements, loophole fixes, and improvements. Head here for more details on the update.
- [February 18, 2021]: Samsung is seeding out the One UI 3.1 update to the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. The Galaxy Z Flip model is receiving the update in Austria with brings the firmware version F700FXXU4DUB4. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Z Flip 5G is receiving One UI 3.1 update in the UK which brings the firmware version F707BXXU2DUB4. To get more details of this update, Click here.
- [June 30, 2020]: Samsung is rolling out the July 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy Z Flip. The build is currently live in many markets of Asia, while other regions will get a hit soon. The update is arriving on version number F700FXXS2ATF3 that addresses bug fixes and brings enhancements to improve system performance. Read this to know more about the package.
- [June 2, 2020]: Samsung is rolling out the June 2020 security patch to the international variant of Galaxy Z Flip. The model number SM-F700F is the first device to grab the current security maintenance. The update comes with the build number F700FTBS1ATE3 and weighs about 203.09MB. The update also includes stability improvements, bug fixes, and improvements in performance. To know more about the patch, tap here.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification regarding the new build or check it manually. To give it a self-check, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.