In Q1 2019, Samsung officially launched Galaxy Fold with Android 9 Pie. The phone features a 7.3-inch screen paired with 12GB RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it powers an octa-core processor based on Snapdragon 855 chipset and Adreno 640 GPU. In the shooting department, the phone houses a 12MP triple rear camera and a 10MP dual front snapper.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the Galaxy Fold.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Updates Tracker
- [July 2021]: Galaxy Fold is the latest device to join the July 2021 Security Patch update party. The update has started hitting the devices in France via the firmware number F900FXXS5EUF3. Unfortunately, the changelog of this update remains a mystery right now. Nonetheless, as it is a regular monthly patch, we can expect known bug fixes, improvements, and minor changes.
- [March 31, 2021]: The company has now started lining up the April 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy Fold users. The update can be identified on the firmware version F900FXXU4EUCF, and it is currently rolling out only in France. However, we can expect a wider release shortly. Head here to know more details on this build.
- [February 26, 2021]: Galaxy Fold is grabbing the One UI 3.1 update on firmware version F900FXXU4EUBF. Presently, the update is live in France, while it will soon it other regions as well. The build brings minor UI changes, private share, object eraser tool, Google Home smart devices controls, and it removes GPS location from images.
- [February 16, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy Fold is receiving Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update. The update with the firmware version F900U1UEU4DUA3 features Android 11 like chat bubbles, a conversation section in the notifications area, one-time permissions, and a media playback widget. There’s also a refreshed user interface and enhanced stock Samsung apps including UI 3.0 skin on top coupled with February 2021 security patch.
- [July 10, 2020]: Samsung has recently pushed out the July 2020 Security Patch update for its Galaxy Fold devices. The update with the F900FXXS4BTF2 Firmware version is currently rolling out only for the international LTE variants only. As of now, the users from European markets, Kazakhstan, and Russia are experiencing the update.The patch reports bug fixes and a few optimizations.
- [June 9, 2020]: Samsung started rolling out the June 2020 Security patch update for the unlocked versions of Galaxy Fold. The update comes with the firmware version F900U1UES3BTE1 in the USA. The package brings stability improvements, security loophole fixes, and bug fixes that were posted last month in Google & Samsung community Forums.
- [June 5, 2020]: Samsung has released the June 2020 security patch for the 4G variants of Galaxy Fold. The build arrives on the F900FXXS3BTE1 firmware version for European variants. According to the changelog provided by the company, the update includes only the new security patch, and no new features were added to this update.
- [May 13, 2020]: The May 2020 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy Fold units in the UK. the update arrives on firmware versions F907BXXU3BTDD. Along with the security enhancements, the new update also adds some new features related to the camera along with general bug fixes. Click here to know what more you will get with this package.
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.