A couple of months back, Poco has officially launched the Poco M2 Pro at a medium price range with a 6.67-inch display which is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The device is powered by Octa-core processor-based Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (8 nm) Chipset paired with Adreno 618 GPU. It is available in 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. In terms of camera, there’s a quad rear camera and a 15-MP single front-facing camera.
Related: Redmi 8 starts getting MIUI 12 Update.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated frequently with the updates of the Poco M2 Pro smartphone.
Poco M2 Pro Update Tracker
- [September 11, 2021]: The Poco M2 Pro is receiving another stable update in India on the firmware version number India Stable V18.104.22.168.RJPINXM. The update does not carry any significant changes but it enhances the system performance. Preciously, it reduces the lags present in the system and increases the system’s stability.
- [August 20, 2021]: Poco M2 Pro is the latest entry in the list of devices getting Android 11.The update carries the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RJPINXM. It is an India stable release that arrives along with the August 2021 Security Patch. The changelog mentions only two things including the latest security patch and system stability improvement along with Android 11. Click here to read more.
- [May 21, 2021]: Xiaomi is sending the May 2021 security patch to Poco M2 Pro units based on android 10 OS. The bump in level enhances the system security improvements from different kinds of security vulnerabilities. The new build bears the firmware version V126.96.36.199.QJPINXM is currently rolling out in India. The package also adds a new change that can automatically report location info before switching off the device.
- [February 21, 2021]: The Poco M2 Pro Indian variant starts receiving the February 2021 Security Patch. The update is spinning out on the build version V188.8.131.52.QJPINXM and weighs nearly 587MB in size. However, the size may vary if you haven’t installed the previous updates. According to the changelog, the update comes only with the February 2021 Security patch. Reportedly, the company has not included any major changes in this update.
- [December 22, 2020]: The Security patch update for November 2020 has finally started hitting the Poco M2 Pro devices. The update bears the V184.108.40.206.QJPINXM Firmware version and is based on Android 10. Talking about the changelog, apart from the latest security patch, the company has not added any new features to the device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
Like all the other updates, it is also spinning out in a phased manner which means a set of random users will start experiencing the update now. After the successful verification, everyone will be getting it within a week. You can also check the update status manually by navigating to Settings>Software updates and Check for updates.