In Q3 2019, Samsung officially launched Galaxy A40 with Android 9 Pie. The phone features a 5.9-inch screen paired with 4GB RAM and up to 128GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it powers an octa-core processor based on Exynos 7904 chipset and Mali-G71 MP2 GPU. In the shooting department, the phone houses a 16MP dual rear camera and a 25MP front snapper.
Must see: How to install LineageOS 18.1 on Galaxy S10 Exynos
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the Galaxy A40
Samsung Galaxy A40 Updates Tracker
- [November 30, 2022]: The latest software update for the Galaxy A40 comes with firmware version A405FNXXU4CVK1. The update is currently available in Italy, it comes with November 2022 security patch.
- [February 2, 2022]: Samsung is releasing January 2022 security patch to the Galaxy A40 weighing 189 MB in size. The update is rolling out in the European market via firmware version A405FNXXU4CUL2.
- [July 8, 2021]: The June 2021 patch is extending to Netherlands and Belgium on firmware version A405FNXXU3CUF2. The update weighs over 400MB in size and improves the overall security and performance of the device. Additionally, the changelog also mentions the enhancements in the Quick Share function.
- [June 26, 2021]: The latest Samsung device to grab the June 2021 security patch is Galaxy A40. The latest build is arriving on firmware version A405FNXXU3CUF2 in Germany. While other regions will also get similar treatment soon. This is a minor bump in safety level and does not add anything new. Though, the package increases the device’s overall performance.
- [March 24, 2021]: Galaxy A40 is grabbing the Android 11 update based on One UI 3.1 on top. Currently, the build is available for model no SM-A405FM in Russia and can be identified with firmware version A405FMPUU3CUC2. Whereas, it can be spotted for the SM-A405FN variant in Germany which bears the version number A405FNXXU3CUC2. Also, the bump in the UI version is accompanied by the latest March 2021 security patch level. Head here to know more about the package.
- [March 16, 2020]: Samsung Galaxy A40 finally gets an Android 10 update. The update also includes the Samsung One UI 2.0 that totally changes your phone user interface. Galaxy A40 update comes with firmware version A405FNXXU3BTB8/BTB7 and weighs about 1.7GB in size. Visit our dedicated page for precise information about the update.
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.