At the beginning of 2020, Realme has officially launched the Realme 6 Pro smartphone. The device sports a 6.6-inch display (1080 x 2400 pixels) and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor. In terms of the camera, there’s a 64-MP + 12-MP + 8-MP + 2-MP quad rear camera and a 16-MP + 8-MP dual front-facing camera. It is available in 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB internal storage variants.
Related: Oppo F9 Update Tracker.
Note: Please keep in mind that this is an update tracker article, and it will be updated frequently with Realme 6 Pro smartphone updates.
Realme 6 Pro Updates Tracker
- [April 20, 2022]: Realme 6 Pro users in India are getting a new update on firmware version RMX2061_11_C.23. The build integrated the March and April 2022 security patches. Also, it improves system stability and performance, optimizes Dual-mode audio function, and fixes the unwanted appearance of the Android icon on home screen in some cases.
- Integrates the March and April 2022 Android security patches.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- Optimizes the Dual-mode audio function.
- Fixes an issue where an “Android” icon might appear on the Home screen after you install an app from Google Play.
- [December 27, 2021]: The November and December 2021 security patch is rolling out to Realme 6 Pro. Also, the package fixes the inability to load images on the WhatsApp issue. The build is rolling out in India with the firmware version RMX2061_11.C.21.
SecurityIntegrates the November and December 2021 Android security patches.
SystemOptimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- [October 28, 2021]: Realme 6 Pro is receiving the current security maintenance, October 2021 in India. The update arrives on the firmware version RMX2061_11.C.20. Besides, it optimizes system performance and improves system stability. Also, it resolves a couple of issues as mentioned in the changelog.
- Integrates the September and October 2021 Android security patches.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue that might cause your device to restart when you drag a mini window around in some cases.
Fixes an issue where the microphone could not work properly in some cases
- [August 11, 2021]: Realme is sending the stable Realme UI 2.0 update based on Android 11 to the Realme 6 Pro. The package is unfurling in India through the firmware version number RMX2061_11_C.18. The update is live for the users who are on Android 11. However, the package size varies from user-to-user ranging from 188MB or 784MB. You can read about the changes here.
- [February 27, 2021]: Realme is rolling out February 2021 security patch update to Realme 6 Pro. The new update is currently rolling out in India which brings along the build number RMX2061_11_A.43 or RMX2061EX_11_A.43 that weighs around 400MB. Visit our dedicated article to read the detailed changelog.
- [November 12, 2020]: Realme has begun cultivating out the October 2020 Security patch update for Realme 6 Pro devices. The update shows up on the RMX2061_11.A.37 Firmware version aka build number. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, optimizations, fixes, and a couple of new add-ons. The update brings new add-ons like a physical toggle on the setting interface of Screenshot, toggle for display keyboard when entering app drawer, Sunset to Sunrise toggle for eye comfort, a toggle for system icons in the Status bar, Super Power Saving Mode, and Multi-user feature.
- [September 30, 2020]: The September 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Realme 6 Pro smartphones. The update is rolling out as the RMX2061_11_A.35 Firmware version in Indian markets and as the RMX2061EU_11_A.28 Firmware version for European users. The update comes with the latest security patch, bug fixes, and a few optimizations. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device.
- [July 6, 2020]: Realme 6 Pro received another update that fixes an issue where the device was using excessive system storage. The latest update comes with build number RMX2061_11_A.27 or RMX2061EX_11_A.27. This update does not include any major changes and just resolves the excessive storage issue as stated in the changelog.
- Fixed the issue of excessive system storage occupation
- [June 28, 2020]: The June 2020 Security patch update for the Realme 6 Pro is bumping on the RMX2061_11.A.25 Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update features the latest Security patch, Realme Link App, reported bug fixes, and a few enhancements. The performance and stability of the smartphone are expected to be increased by this update. Check our dedicated article to know more details about this update.
- [May 22, 2020]: Realme has started seeding out the May 2020 Security patch update for the Realme 6 Pro users. The update is spinning on the RMX2061_11.A.17 Firmware version, and it weighs around 3.36GB in size. The update adds the new animation to the charging, bug fixes, and a few optimizations. So, this update is only meant to improve the performance and stability of the smartphone. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [April 24, 2020]: The Security patch for the month of April 2020 has started hitting the Realme 6 Pro smartphones. The update is arriving as the RMX2061_11_A.15 build number and comes with a couple of changelogs. As per the release note, the update sports Security patch, new add-ons, optimizations, and fixes for issues. The update also adds the ultra-dark mode to the rear camera. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [March 18, 2020]: Starting from this day, the Realme 6 Pro smartphones have started experiencing the March 2020 Security patch update. The update is bumping on the RMX2061_11_A.11 Firmware version. According to the changelog, the update adds the Security patch, mail and Soloop applications, and bug fixes for user-reported & known issues. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the smartphone. Interested users can click here to know more details about this update.
As the company is sending the updates in phases, it usually takes a couple of days to reach each and every unit. So, don’t get panic, and meanwhile, head to Settings>Software updates and check for updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.