Realme X was launched in Q2, 2019 with Android 9.0 (Pie) onboard powering Snapdragon 710. The smartphone features a 6.53 inch AMOLED display paired with up to 256GB of storage and 8GB RAM. Realme X carries a 48 MP dual rear camera and a Motorized pop-up 16 MP sensor for selfies and video calls.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A50 Updates Tracker.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Realme X/ X Youth Edition smartphone updates.
Realme X/ X Youth Edition Updates Tracker
- [September 4, 2021]: Realme X devices running Android-11 based Realme UI 2.0 in India are getting a new software update. The build brings the August 2021 security patch update on the firmware version RMX1901EX_11.F.03. Besides the new patch, the update carries several fixes across the system and other apps. Refer to the changelog below for details.
- Integrates the August 2021 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Boosts Wi-Fi performance with stronger signal across Wi-Fi channels.
- Fixes an issue that might cause the Camera app to freeze when using the rear camera in Portrait mode.
- Fixes an issue where the Camera app might freeze when you switch to the front camera, turn on the flashlight, and then switch to another shooting mode.
- Fixes an issue where the Camera app might stutter when taking burst photos in bright light outdoors.
- realme UI
- Fixes an issue where app windows in the animation might show square corners instead of rounded corners when you exit an app.
- Fixes an issue where the search box and the navigation buttons might overlap in Guest mode.
- Fixes an issue where apps might appear in the wrong place in the Recents screen when you switch to the Recents screen from Split screen view.
- Fixes an issue that might cause ambient sound to disappear when you turn voice chat on and then off in games.
- [July 19, 2021]: Realme X is all set to grab the Android 11 Beta program. To apply for the open beta program head over to Settings > Software update > click on the three dots menu > Trial version > Select your device. You’ll be entered for the open beta in few minutes and the update will arrive shortly. But do keep in mind that this is a beta program so it may carry bugs. Also, don’t forget to take a backup of your device.
- [March 24, 2021]: Realme X is receiving a new software update. The build bumps the firmware version to RMX1901EX_11_C.10 globally. Along with the March 2021 security patch, the latest firmware for Realme X optimizes system performance and system stability. Also, it fixes several vulnerabilities like restoring to the default ringtone issue in call ringtone. To know the precise changelog by the company, visit our dedicated article.
- [February 21, 2021]: Realme has started seeding the January and February 2021 Security patch updates to the Realme X smartphone users. The update is spinning out on the firmware version RMX1901_11_C.18 and as of now, it is currently rolling out to Chinese users. The update brings the optimizations and bug fixes for known/reported issues. The update fixes the problem that the phone ring tone is a low probability to restore the default ring tone and the problem of low probability of splash screen in some scenes.
- [September 15, 2020]: The September 2020 Security Patch update for the Realme X Youth Edition is hitting all the devices on the RMX1851_11_C.07 build number. As per the changelog, the update couples with new features, optimizations, and fixes for known/reported issues.
The new features added to this update include a pop-up function on Realme Buds Air /Neo connection, default sound recording, ultimate cleaning & shortcut guide function, screenshot preview interface button, etc. The update also brings fixes for incomplete splicing, inconsistent font display size, low probability screen freeze issues, etc.
- [May 26, 2020]: On this day, Realme has started seeding out the Security Patch update for the month of May 2020 to the Realme X Youth Edition smartphone. Moving to the update, it houses new add-ons for battery, optimizations, fixes, and the latest available Security Patch. Reportedly, the company has not included any new features yet. More details of this update can be found by checking our dedicated article.
Similar to all the other updates, it is also spinning out in a phased manner, and everyone will undergo it within a week. Meanwhile, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates to manually check the update status.