At the beginning of 2019, Samsung officially launched the Galaxy A50 smartphone in many countries. The device features a 6.4-inch display and is powered by an Octa-core processor based on Exynos 9610 (10 nm) Chipset. It packs with a triple rear camera setup and a 25-MP single front-facing camera. The smartphone is available in 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage.
Related: Galaxy S9 & Galaxy S9+ update journey ended, Galaxy A50 & Galaxy S10 series to get quarterly updates
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Updates Tracker
- [November 1, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out October 2022 Security Patch update for the Galaxy A50. The firmware A505FNXXS9CVJ2 weighing 140 MB is rolling out to users in the Netherlands.
- [August 18, 2022]: Verizon is rolling July 2022 Security patch update for its network-locked Galaxy A50 smartphone in the US. The current firmware RP1A.200720.012.A505USQUJDVG5 update brings enhancements to Google Meet.
- [June 28, 2022]: Samsung is spinning off the June 2022 security patch to the Galaxy A50. The update is rolling out in India with firmware version A505FDDS9CVF3. It might carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements as well.
- [March 24, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A50 is getting a new update with March 2022 security patch. The build is available in the US for the Verizon network via firmware version A505USQSIDVB1. Besides, it also brings security enhancements and general bug fixes as well.
- [January 27, 2022]: The Galaxy A50 is receiving a new update in Brazil. The build carries the firmware version A505GTUBS9CVA1 which carries the January 2022 security patch. Also, it improves system performance, device stability, and brings general bug fixes.
- [Deceber 15, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the current security maintenance, December 2021 to the Galaxy A50. The build is live in New Zealand, Taiwan, and the Philippines via the firmware version A505GNDXS9CUK3.
- [November 25, 2021]: Galaxy A50 units in various countries across the globe are receiving the November 2021 security patch. The patch fixes dozens of vulnerabilities related to privacy and security. Also, it could carry some device stability improvements as well. Below are the respective firmware versions of the update:A505FDDS9CUK1: Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam
A505GNDXS9CUK1: Fiji, New Zealand, Philippines, Taiwan
A505GUBS9CUK1: Latin America
- [October 1, 2021]: For the past two days, Samsung has been pushing the October 2021 security patch for its flagship smartphones. Now, surprisingly Samsung has started rolling out the same patch for the 2019 mid-range smartphone Galaxy A50. It comes with the build number A505GUBS9CUI3 and is live in countries like Colombia, Bolivia, and the Dominican Republic. A wider rollout of the update is expected soon. The update is rolling out as OTA and doesn’t bring any major changes apart from the security patch.
- [September 28, 2021]: Samsung has started pushing a new update for the Dutch units of Galaxy A50. The update brings the September 2021 security patch for the device. The update weighs around 150MB and has the build number A505FNXXS9CUI3. Samsung has fixed more than 23 issues related to OneUI. Apart from this, the update doesn’t bring any major changes.
- [September 22, 2021]: The Galaxy A50 is receiving the current security maintenance, Sept 2021. The update is arriving on the firmware version A505GUBS9CUH2 in Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. The patch fixes over 50 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security. Also, it carries some device stability improvements as well.
- [August 20, 2021]: The August security patch for Galaxy A50 is expanding to more regions. Arriving on firmware version A505GUBS9CUH1, the update has reached the South American markets. The patch fixes 40 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security and does not bring any new features.
- [August 06, 2021]: The Galaxy A50 smartphones have started receiving a new software update that carries the current security maintenance, August 2021. The build is arriving on firmware version A505USQSEDUG3 or A505UOYNEDUG3 depending upon the region. Alongside fixing a few vulnerabilities, the update does not bring any new addition in favor of user experience.
- [July 16, 2021]: Samsung started sending the July 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy A50 users. The new update is currently taking place on the software number A505NKSU5DUG2, and it has started appearing only in the Korean units. The changelog is not available at the moment. Nonetheless, the new firmware should include 41 CVEs from Google and 8 SVEs from Samsung.
- [June 15, 2021]: The Galaxy A50 units in the Netherlands and Belgium are grabbing the June 2021 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version A505FNXXU8CUE4 weighing over 500MB in size. For the Dutch update, the Galaxy A50 is grabbing some video call function effects. However, the update in the Netherlands failed to deliver the same. Otherwise, it is just a minor bump in safety level and does not bring any new additions to the device.
- [June 01, 2021]: On the first day of June itself, Samsung started rolling the June 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy A50 users. The update was first spotted by SamNext (Via) and it is rolling on the build number A505FDDU8CUE4. The firmware weighs about 553.53MB and presently it is taking place in India. There’s nothing new in this update apart from the new security patch.
- [February 03, 2021]: The Samsung Galaxy A50 devices have started receiving a new update with February 2021 Security patch. The update carries the A505FDDU6BUAA Firmware version and it is based on Android 10. As of now, the update is now rilling out to the Thailand users and it is expected to release shortly in all the other markets too. The changelog of this update is currently unavailable but this update may also include improvements for the system and bug fixes.
- [February 02, 2021]: Samsung has started rolling out the January 2021 security patch update to the US Unlocked variants of Galaxy A50. The update is seeding out on the A505U1UESACUA1 and G965U1UES9FUA1 Firmware versions. As of now, the changelog of the update is not available. However, you will be experiencing the changes while using your smartphone.
- [January 8, 2021]: The January 2021 Security patch has finally started rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy A50 devices. The update appears on the A505FNXXS5BTLA Firmware version and comes with the fixes, improvements, enhancements, etc. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone.
- [November 4, 2020]: The Samsung Galaxy A50 devices have started picking up a new update with the November 2020 Security patch. The update is hitting all the devices on the A505FNXXS5BTJ4 Firmware version and is rolling limitedly. As of now, there’s no official changelog/ release note from the company. So, the Security patch updates generally include bug fixes for known issues, optimizations, improvements, and might also include new features. However, you will be undergoing them while using your smartphone if added.
- [October 7, 2020]: The Korean giant – Samsung started rolling out the October 2020 Security Patch to the Galaxy A50 smartphones. The update appears on the A505FNXXU5BTH8 Firmware version, and it weighs nearly 123.02 MB in size. The update adds the latest Security patch, improvements, bug fixes, and enhancements as per the changelog. Reportedly, the company has not added any new features to the device. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone.
- [September 11, 2020]: Starting from today, the Samsung Galaxy A50 has started receiving the September 2020 Security Patch update. As per the changelog, the update features the Security Patch, improvements, and enhancements. The update weighs 320.30 MB in size, and it is hitting all the units on the A505FNXXU5BTH8/ A505FNOXM5BTH8 firmware version.
- [June 30, 2020]: The Korean giant – Samsung has started seeding out the Security Patch for July 2020 for the Galaxy A50 smartphone. The update is knocking on the A505FNXXU5BTF5 build number and similar to all other updates, it might also feature a couple of enhancements and bug fixes. Interested users can know more details about this update by clicking here.
- [May 30, 2020]: Galaxy A50 has finally started receiving the May 2020 Security Patch update on the A507FNXXU4BTD3 build number. The changelog indicates that it houses a bunch of fixes, improvements, and new features like screen recording and more. Click here to navigate to the updated article to know more details
- [March 16, 2020]: The February and March 2020 Security Patch update for Galaxy A50 knocks firmware version to A505FDDU4BTC4. As the update is rolling out with Android 10, it packs with all the Android 10 goodness, new user interface, and more. You can click here to know the full details of this update.
- [September 30, 2019]: Another update starts rolling out for the Galaxy A50 smartphones with October 2019 Security Patch. The update is hitting all the devices on the A505FNXXS2ASJ1 firmware version. Alike all the other updates, it also assembles with fixes for know issues, improvements, and a few optimizations. Read the complete details by checking our article.
- [August 20, 2019]: The August 2019 Security Patch update for the Galaxy A50 is spinning on the A505FDDU2ASH3/ A505F0DM2ASH3/ A505FXXU2ASH2 build number(s) and weighs around 320.08 MB in size. The update brings a bunch of fixes, enhancements, improvements, etc. You can know more details about this update by navigating to our detailed article.
- [June 29, 2019]: The company has started spinning out the June 2020 Security Patch update for the Galaxy A50 smartphone. According to the changelog, the update is arriving as the A505FDDU2ASF2 build number and weighs nearly 422.82 MB in size. Apart from the fixes and improvements, the update doesn’t come with any new features. To know more details about this update, navigate to our dedicated article.
As the update is being rolled out in phases, reaching all the units may take some time. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.