Realme X7 was officially released last year in September featuring a 6.4-inch AMOLED display. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G SoC. The smartphone ships with Android 10, Realme UI out of the box paired with up to 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Realme X7 equips a quad-camera module at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor and a 32MP snapper for selfies.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Realme X7/ X7 Pro smartphone updates.
Realme X7/ X7 Pro Update Tracker
- [January 17, 2022]: Realme X7 5G is receiving the January 2022 security patch in India through the firmware version RMX3092_11_C.09. Also, it optimizes the system stability and brings a few fixes that you can read below.
• Integrates the January 2022 Android security patch.
• Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
• Fixes an issue where portable hard drives could not be detected in some cases.
- [December 23, 2021]: Realme X7 Pro in China is receiving a new update with software version C.23. The build adds the December 2021 security patch and resolves some bugs as mentioned in the changelog below.
Optimize the desktop notification digital sign
Optimize application installation operation experience
Optimize system performance and improve system stability
Fix the problem that the status bar displays 4G in a low probability after turning on the 5G switch
Fix the problem of slow loading of browser news when connected to WiFi
Fix the low probability of disconnection phenomenon of King Glory
Fixed a temporary noise in the login interface of the League of Legends mobile game in special scenarios
Fix the problem of the low-probability crash of built-in music
Update Android security patch (2021#11&2021#12)
- [October 25, 2021]: Realme X7 Pro is receiving the October 2021 security patch in India. The build arrives on the firmware version RMX2121_11.C.05. As per the changelog, the update fixes issues in the Camera app and system.
- Integrates the October 2021 Android security patch.
- Improves system stability.
- Fixed an issue wherein some cases the screen doesn’t turn off during calls when placed near your ear.
- Fixed a display issue with recent tasks.
- Fixed a display issue when you unlock your phone with your fingerprint.
- Fixed an issue where the screen brightness would reduce when you record videos in 64MP Pro mode.
- [August 26, 2021]: Realme X7 Pro has started to receive the August 2021 security patch. The update is rolling out in India with firmware version RMX2121_11.C.04. Alongside, the package several fixes across systems and apps including Settings, camera, and Photos. Refer to the changelog below for precise details.
- Integrates the August 2021 Android security patch.
- Improves the charging speed.
- Optimizes system performance and improves system stability.
- Fixes an issue where the icon of a cloned app would not show on the Home screen.
- Fixes a display issue with the background of the Quick Settings panel when you pull it down from the Lock screen.
- Fixes an issue where your fingerprint could sometimes not be enrolled.
- Fixes a lagging issue that would occasionally occur in the camera.
- Fixes an issue where you would occasionally be unable to open the Photos app.
- [August 25, 2021]: Realme X7 5G is receiving a new software update that is arriving on version number RMX3092_11_C.06. The package enhances security by inculcating the July and August 2021 security patch. Moreover, it optimizes the camera performance and the screenshot preview window. Alongside, the build brings various fixes across the system including the camera app and settings.
- Integrates the July and August 2021 Android security patches.
- Optimizes camera performance.
- Fixes an issue where your camera might lag when you record videos at 60 fps.
- Fixes an issue where your camera might lag when you take burst photos continuously.
- Fixes an issue where your photos might come out darker than usual when you use the rear camera in NIGHTSCAPE (Ultra Night) mode.
- Optimizes the screenshot preview window.
- Fixes an issue where two overlapping pop-up windows might appear when you double-tap a secondary user in Quick Settings.
- Fixes an issue where a few characters might flash on the screen when you turn the Split-screen feature on or off in the “Add a printer” page.
- Fixes an issue where the privacy page might appear when you use the main account to delete the system clone.
- [August 7, 2021]: Realme X7 5G is finally grabbing the Realme UI 2.0 update based on Android 11. The update is presently live in India rolling out through firmware version RMX3092_11_C.05 weighing 484MB in size. The company has advised the users to be on build number RMX2176PU_11_A.14/ RMX2176PU_11_A.16/ RMX2176PU_11_A.17/ RMX2176PU_11_A.18/ RMX2176PU_11_A.20 to be eligible for receiving the update. To know the detailed changes, visit our dedicated article.
- [July 15, 2021]: Realme X7 pro is receiving Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 in more regions. The package brings a major overhaul to the device. To see those changes, visit our dedicated article.
- [June 25, 2021]: Realme is sending the early access update of Android 11 based Realme UI 2.0 to the Realme X7 5G. The program is currently live in India. Realme mentions that to enroll themselves for the Early Acess Program, the users should be running Realme UI 1.0 version number RMX3092PU_11.A.14/ 11.A.16/ 11.A.17/ 11.A.18 or 11.A.20. To know more about this build, head here.
- [June 22, 2021]: Realme is sending a new software update to the smartphone that carries the June 2021 security patch. The latest build can be identified by firmware version RMX2175_11_C.11 that is currently rolling out in China. Apart from the new patch, the changelog mentions a variety of fixes across several apps including cameras, games, and video. Moreover, it addresses some issues in the system performance. Look at the changelog below for more details.
- Update Android security patch, May & June 2021
- Fixed the problem of low probability of stuck arrow keys when sliding in the gesture area at the bottom of Honor of Kings
- Fixed the low-probability splash screen problem when the front camera uses video mode and time-lapse photography mode
- Fixed the blur problem of the front camera using HDR and beauty mode in certain scenes
- Fixed the problem of excessive noise in front camera recording in night scenes
- Fixed the problem that the “Group Photo” tab is not displayed in certain scenes
- Set up
- Fixed the problem that double-clicking the live wallpaper triggers two jumps when using personalized customization
- Fixed the problem that the eye protection mode icon in the control center is not displayed at a low probability
- Fixed the problem of low probability of triggering music playback when the headset is playing video
- Fixed the problem of low probability display error when restarting the phone lock screen animation after charging is completed
- [March 26, 2021]: After the productive beta testing of Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 (Skin). Realme has now begun cultivating the Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 Stable update. The new update with build version RMX2121_11_C.11 is currently rolling on its home country. It is expected to release shortly in other regions too. Click here to read more about the new package.
- [March 14, 2021]: Realme is seeding out February 2021 security patch update to Realme X7. The latest software drives the firmware version RMX2151PU_11.A.87 to the device. Although this is a minor update and does not bring any new features along with it. However, the new software knocks the Android monthly security patch level. Apart from the enhanced security, the build also optimizes the system performance and device stability for a better user experience.
Like all the other updates, this as well is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Accordingly, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.