The Samsung Galaxy A01 was released in December 2019 powering Snapdragon 439. The phone holds a 5.7-inch PLS IPS screen. It offers Android 10 out of the box paired with up to 32GB storage and 2GB RAM. A 13 MP primary sensor leads the rear dual-camera setup while a 5 MP snapper is housed on the front side.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Updates Tracker
- [March 28, 2023]: Samsung Galaxy A01 A015U1UES5CWC1 starts receiving the March 2023 Security Patch in the US.
- [January 12, 2023]: Samsung has started rolling out stable Android 12 for the unlocked models in the US. The all-new Android 12 based on the One UI 4.1 Core update is rolling out with the firmware version A015U1UEU5CVL2. The update comes with the September 2022 security patch.
- [August 29, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A01 is picking a new software update that bumps the security maintenance to August 2022. The update is available for the Verizon carrier network in the US with the firmware version A015VVRS8BVH1. Apart from this, the build does not carry any other notable change.
- [May 26, 2022]: The Verizon-based Galaxy A01 smartphone is getting the May 2022 security patch update. The build is available in the US with firmware version A015VVRS8BVE2.
- [January 17, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the January 2022 security patch to the Galaxy A01. The build is rolling out in Russia via the firmware version A015FXXS5BUL1. Besides, the build does not bring any other significant changes.
- [October 19, 2021]: The Galaxy A01 is receiving a new update that brings October 2021 security patch. Arriving on the firmware version A015FXXU5BUJ1, the update is currently rolling out in Russia. The patch addresses over 60 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities. But the update does not carry any other changes.
The OTA update will roll out in phases and if you did not receive it already, you must be in line to get it shortly. To check the update manually, you can go to Settings > Software update.
Read more: Samsung Galaxy S10/ S10 Lite updates tracker
Before you start downloading the update, make sure your device is charged at least 60%. Also, it is advisable to switch to a WiFi network if you’re on a limited data plan to avoid carrier data charges.