The Galaxy Tab S6 by Samsung is one of the high-end tablets launched a couple of years back. The tab features a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED display paired with up to 256GB storage and 8GB RAM. Android 9.0 (Pie) fuels the device out of the box along with Snapdragon 855. The tabs provide a dual 13MP camera at the rear side and a single 8MP snapper at the front.
Must see: Download Soloop v1.32.1 Video Editor for your Smartphone
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated frequently in Descending Order (Date) with the updates of the Galaxy Tab S6.
Galaxy Tab S6 Updates Tracker
- [January 20, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out a new update for the 2022 Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. The update is rolling for the LTE model (SM-P615) and comes with the firmware version P615XXU4FWA5. It brings the OneUI 5.0 based on Android 13 update to the device. The update brings a new taskbar, improves multi-tasking, refreshed lock screen customization menu and performance optimization. On the contrary, it still comes with the November 2022 security patch.
- [December 08, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite LTE is getting Android 13-Based One UI 5.0 Update with the new firmware version P619XXU1BVK6.
- [October 07, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is receiving the October 2022 Security patch update in India.
- [September 16, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is receiving OneUI 4.1.1 based on the Android 12 update in Europe and Soth Korea. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and S6 Lite are receiving it in Europe and the Galaxy Tab S6 is receiving it in South Korea. You can read more details here.
- [September 16, 2022]: Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is receiving a new software update with firmware version P615XXU4EVI1. The build packs the September 2022 security patch which is currently rolling out in France. We expect more regions to join the update soon. Besides improving privacy, the package may bring some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [June 23, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is receiving a new update with May 2022 security patch. Samsung is rolling out the update in Brazil that can identify by the firmware version P615XXU4EVES.
- [May 16, 2022]: Samsung is finally releasing the goodness of Android 12-based One UI 4.1 for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE in the US. The update is currently rolling out on Sprint’s and T-Mobile’s networks via firmware version T867USQU7DVD2. Also, it brings along the March 2022 security patch to improve system privacy.
- [March 22, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S6 and S6 Lite getting the Android 12 update based on One UI 4.0. The package adds the February 2022 and March 2022 security patch respectively to both devices. For the Galaxy Tab S6, the build is rolling out in Germany via firmware version T865XXU5DVC3. While, for the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, the update is available in France via firmware number P615XXU4EVC5.
- [February 28, 2022]: The February 2022 security patch is extending to the Galaxy Tab S6 in the US. The update is available for the carrier-locked models on Sprint and T-Mobile’s networks via firmware version T867USQS7CVB1.
- [February 21, 2022]: The Galaxy Tab S6 is getting a new update in Germany via firmware version T865XXU5CVB1. It packs the February 2022 security patch. Also, the build may resolve some general bugs and improve the device’s stability.
- [February 7, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is extending to the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite in India and France. The update arrives on firmware version P615XXS4DUL5.
- [January 11, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is receiving a new software update via the firmware version P615XXS4DUL5. The build is rolling out in France with January 2022 security patch.
- [December 23, 2021]: The Galaxy Tab S6 is upgrading with the December 2021 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version T865XXS5CUL1 which is currently rolling out in Germany, while other regions could follow soon.
- [August 11, 2021]: Samsung is sending the current security maintenance, August 2021 to the Galaxy Tab S6. Arriving on firmware version T865XXOS4CUG1, the update is live in Germany and Korea. The user of the device globally does not have to wait for a long time now. The patch fixes 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- [June 1, 2021]: The Galaxy Tab S6 at Sprint is receiving an Android 11 update with One UI 3.1 skin on top. The latest firmware for the tab arrives on firmware version T867USQU4CUE1. Along with the Android 11 One UI 3.1 goodies, the update arrives with the May 2021 Android security patch. To read the official changelog, head here.
- [May 13, 2021]: The Verizon network carrier-based Galaxy Tab S6 devices have started picking the Android 11 update. The update comes with One UI 3.1 Skin, and it is seeding on the build version RP1A.200720.012.T867VVRU4CUD3. Tt features the April 2021 Security Patch, carries several new features, and on the off chance, it may comprise bug fixes for known issues. visit our dedicated article for more details.
- [March 3, 2021]: Samsung has now started seeding the One UI 3.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S6 users. After its launch with One UI 2.5, the Galaxy Tab S6 has directly received the One UI 3.1 update now. In the meantime, it has skipped the One UI 3.0 update. Identified by the build version T865XXU4CUB7 and it weighs nearly 2.2GB in size. The update is currently spinning out to German users only. Tap here to read the official changelog of the update.
Related: Realme C25 Updates Tracker
The update is rolling out in batches to the different serial numbers. So, Galaxy Tab S6 owners can expect the update notification to reach them anytime soon. But if you’re feeling particularly impatient, you can attempt triggering the download manually. To do this, head to Settings > Software update, and click Download and install.