Redmi Note 9 is a popular mid-range smartphone offering applaudable specs at a competitive price-point. The smartphone was launched earlier this year running on MediaTek Helio G85 SoC, 6.53-inch IPS LCD display, and 48MP quad-rear camera. The smartphone offers value-for-money to all the buyers and the regular updates from the company are making the deal sweeter. You can check information about all the Redmi Note 9 updates in our tracker.
The smartphone measures 162.3 x 77.2 x 8.9 mm in size and weighs 199 grams. A beautifully design quad-camera modules sits on the rear side featuring configuration of 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP. Meanwhile, a 13-megapixel primary camera is present on the front side of the pone. The device coupled BL 5.0, GPS, NFC, IR, USB TypeC 2.0, and WiFi in connectivity. There’s a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor for easy accessibility. A 5020 mAh battery is present with 18W fast charging and 9W reverse charging. It is available in three color options of Forest Green, Midnight HGrey, and Polar White.
Apart from good hardware, Redmi is offering regular updates and security patches for the smartphone. In this tracker, you can see all the detail of each update the device has received until now.
Note: The updates are listed in Descending Order (Date). We will keep updating this post to reflect the latest updates. You can bookmark this page to get the latest update news about the Redmi Note 9.
Redmi 9/ Note 9 Update Tracker
- [January 23, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the January 2021 Security patch update to the Redmi Note 9 Turkey users. The update is spinning out on the MIUI V22.214.171.124.QJZTRXM Firmware version and comes only with the January 2021 Security patch. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. Interested users can download the update OTA file and install it manually.
Firmware version: V126.96.36.199.QJZTRXM
OTA Apply for V188.8.131.52
- [January 8, 2021]: A couple of days back, Xiaomi has rolled out the MIUI 12 update to the Redmi 9 Indian users. Now, the company has started seeding out the same update to the Chinese users. The update bears the V184.108.40.206.QJCCNXM Firmware version and it weighs nearly 2GB in size. Talking about the changes, it comes with MIUI 12 features & goodness, fixes, optimizations, and improvements.
Redmi 9 (China)
November 2020 Security Patch
- [December 02, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 Security Patch update for the Redmi Note 9 users. The update bears the V220.127.116.11.QJOINXM Firmware version for Indian users and the V18.104.22.168.QJOIDXM for Indonesian users. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, new add-ons, and optimizations. For a clear information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
- New: Tapping a blank spot in Control centre closes it now
- Optimization: Control centre layout in landscape mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
Redmi Note 9 (India) – V22.214.171.124.QJOINXM
Redmi Note 9 (Indonesia)- V126.96.36.199.QJOIDXM
[November 19, 2020]: After the successful rollout of the October 2020 Security patch update, Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 Security patch update for the Redmi 9 users. The update bears the V188.8.131.52.QJORUXM Firmware version for Russian users and the V184.108.40.206.QJOTRXM Firmware version for Turkey users. As stated by the changelog, the update packs with the latest Security patch, new add-on (Tapping a blank spot in the Control centre closes it now), and optimizations for Control centre layout in landscape mode.
October 2020 Security Patch
[November 6, 2020]: Xiaomi is rolling out the October Security 2020 Patch for Remi Note 9 in Indonesia. The firmware version V220.127.116.11.QJOIDXM is a rolling OTA update. There are no other improvements or feature addition via the latest update.
However, if you find MIUI annoying, then you can try other custom ROMs as listed in this guide. There are several options live LineageOS 17.1, Evolution X, and Pixel Experience ROM for a better experience.