Xiaomi introduced its next-gen customized skin MIUI 13 at the near end of the year 2021. Since then, the company has updated several Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones. Following the global rollout schedule, it’s time for the international models of Xiaomi Pad 5 to adopt the new features.
Xiaomi Pad 5
Make sure to visit: Specs Comparison: Redmi Note 11T vs Redmi Note 10T
The new features are packed for the Xiaomi Pad 5 with the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RKXMIXM. The software is based on Android 11 weighing around 2.8 GB to download. The package adds fresh features and new customized shortcut options, offering a seamless experience. For precise details, check out the official changelog below:
- New: Resizable floating windows bring the desktop experience to tablets
- New: Improved Function key features
- New: Drag any item from the dock to open it in a floating window
- New: Resizing options for floating windows
- New: Support for opening two floating windows at the same time
- New: New gestures for floating windows
Stylus & keyboard
- New: Pressing the Menu button on the keyboard opens the app dock
- New: Double pressing the Menu button allows you to switch between recent apps
- New: Custom system button shortcuts
- New: Custom app shortcut combinations
The OTA update will reach out to the users in batches, taking a while to be widely available. Alternatively, you may visit Settings > Software update to manually track the build. If the version is available for your device, tap on Download and install.