Asus is all geared up to keep its latest flagships up-to-date. The company launched ZenFone 8 this month and ROG Phone 5 a couple of months ago. Since the release, Asus is constant in sending updates to these smartphones. This will be the third software update for the ZenFone 8 and the sixth for the ROG Phone 5.
Starting with the latest one, ZenFone 8, the Taiwan giant is sending the build number 22.214.171.124 to the European units with model number ZS590KS. The update enhances the system performance and stability along with the quality of the camera app. Moreover, the phone call quality is also optimized with the package. Refer to the changelog below for more changes.
- Optimized Phone call quality
- Improved camera quality
- Improved system stability
- Enabled VoLTE on Telekom (Germany)
- Enabled VoLTE on Tele2 (Russia)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on O2 (Czech Republic)
Also, visit: How to Setup Insignia TV
Moving to ROG Phone 5, the build can be identified by version 18.0840.2104.47. The firmware is currently rolling out in Japan for model number ZS673KS. The package brings fixes for some glitches, enhancing the user experience. Additionally, it carries improvement for 5G networks and boosts the smartphone’s performance. Moreover, it also includes the April 2021 security patch. Here’s the entire update log.
- Google Security Patch Update (April 5, 2021)
- Improved performance when using 5G network
- Fixed an issue where the layout of app icons could be corrupted when using the screen in landscape orientation
- Fixed an issue where Armory Crate sometimes did not display temperature information correctly
- Fixed an issue where in rare case it was not possible to recover from sleeve mode when pressing the power button
- Improved performance when using the phone
- Fixed an issue where the dedicated cover was rarely recognized on the settings screen
- Fixed an issue where temperature information might not display correctly on the Armory Crate console panel
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in batches for both smartphones. Accordingly, it will take time to hit every unit. If you have an Asus ZenFone 8 or ROG Phone 5, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can flash the firmware via Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.