ASUS is rolling out the stable Android 11 update to the ZenFone 7 series worldwide. The company is now finally upgrading its devices to the new OS.
The ZenTalk forums in their official post made it seem like a regular update post, but ASUS confirms in the changelog that the update brings the new Android 11 OS. ASUS has also made an official announcement by posting the full firmware on its website.
Asus Zenfone 7 Android 11 New Update Features
The ZenFone 7 (ZS670KS) and ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS) updates carry new firmware versions 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, respectively. The update has a download size of around 1.2GB and it requires a stable Wi-Fi network to download on your device.
- ASUS is bringing new features along with the update such as ‘Media Control’ which now makes it easy to control the music and videos. It allows users to easily change the audio output destination.
- The update brings a fix for the issue of disconnecting Bluetooth when using airplane mode. You can now use airplane mode without the worry of Bluetooth being turned off in the mode.
- Android 11 update adds the ‘Allow only this time’ feature to the ‘One-time permission’ where you get three choices to access the permission. The options include ‘Only when using the app,’ ‘Only this time,’ ‘Do not allow’ to access the location information such as GPS.
- The ‘Silent Notification’ feature lets you hide the silent notifications and later check for them in the notification history.
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Update applications such as smart housekeeper, contact person, phone, file management, computer, clock, picture library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key switch, and local backup
- Support one-time permissions, improved file access permission control, automatic reset permissions, and other private functions
- Supports maintaining Bluetooth connection when the flying mode is turned on
- Adjusted to the Android 11 notification bar style, support for displaying notifications of ongoing conversations
- The classic power button style supports Android 11 device control and Google Pay.
- Added the use of buttons to adjust the volume and return to advanced gesture settings. Adjust the style and automatically switch the color setting of the system. Remove one-handed mode.
- Notification settings Added notification records and dialog settings
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Added nearby sharing option (need to be added manually)
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- The system update “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting is turned on by default
ASUS may not be the fastest when it comes to updating its devices, but it is finally delivering the stable Android 11 to the ZenFone 7 series. The OTA is rolling out in batches and will automatically reach the device in a few days. The users can also manually check for the update by navigating to their device’s Settings > Software update > Download and Install.