Asus started with the deployment of the latest operating system last year. However, the company seems to be a little slower in the headway. In the latest development, the ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro are getting the stable Android 12 update. The lineup was launched a couple of years back with Android 10 out of the box.
Make sure to visit: Comparison: Asus ROG Phone 5s vs Red Magic 6S Pro
The Android 12 package for the ZenFone 7 series is rolling out globally tossed with Asus’s own Zen UI customized skin. The package is bundled with the firmware version 31.0210.0210.250. It carries all the Android 12 goodies with a revamped UI. Also, the company has shared a list of changes that you can check out below.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 12. If you want to downgrade the software version to Android 11 by the official software package, it will erase all data from your device
- Upgraded system to Android 12
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard, camera and microphone indicators, show clipboard access, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Replaced ASUS Safeguard with stock Emergency SOS
- Introduced the new widget page design in Launcher. Adjusted the position of the screenshot option and removed the hotseat app icons on the Overview page.
- Removed the Quick Settings layout option in the Display settings
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support
- Added system charging animation
- Merge WiFi and mobile network options to Internet settings
The OTA is having an incremental rollout. If you have an Asus ZenFone 7 or ZenFone 7 Pro user, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can check it manually via Settings > System > System updates.