Asus unveiled the ZenFone 8 series last month. So far, the company is constant in sending updates to the series with new additions, several fixes, and optimizations to the smartphones. Following ZenFone 8 Flip, the ZenFone 8 is also grabbing a new software update.
Make sure to visit: [Download] TWRP 3.5.1 released with Android 11 support while carrying other new features
The latest update for the Asus ZenFone 8 is rolling out in Russia. The new build can be identified by firmware version 8_RU_220.127.116.11. This is the fifth software update for the smartphone which is specifically being rolled out for the model number ZS590KS.
Talking about changes, the package brings a couple of fixes with some optimization in the system stability. Moreover, it improves the pocket mode threshold and detection. But mainly, the package emphasizes stabilizing the network aspects. Refer to the entire changelog below for precise details.
- Optimized system stability
- Improved thermal for 3rd party APP video call.
- Fixed issue where on-screen keyboard overlapped with gesture navigation
- Fixed issue where the status bar could occasionally overlap
- Improved Pocket mode threshold and detection
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on Orange & Deutsche Telekom (Poland)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on EE & H3G & O2 & Vodafone (United Kingdom)
- Enabled VoLTE on TIM & VIVO (Brazil)
- Enabled VoLTE on Orange (Romania)
- Enabled VoLTE on Vodafone (Hungary)
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in a phase-wise manner, making it take more time to hit every unit. If you are a ZenFone 8 user, you will receive a pop-up notification in a short span of time. Alternatively, you can also flash the firmware manually by heading to Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.