OnePlus 5 and 5T are the 2017 flagship devices of the Chinese smartphone maker. The device is constantly receiving new upadates since its launch. Being a flagship device, it has recieved several Android version upgrades and is still aligned to get quaterly security patches. OnePlus 5 and 5T carries a 5.5-inch and 6.01-inch Optic AMOLED display, respectively.
Must See: How to Root Oneplus 5/5T with Magisk?
These smartphones feature same Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC coupled with Adreno 540 GPU. Both the smartphones come with 64/128GB storage and 6/8GB RAM variants. However, there is a dual-rear camera module on the rear consisting 16MP + 20MP sensors. A 16MP camera sits on the front side of both the devices. THere’s also a 3300 mAh battery present inside both the smartphones with the support for 20W fast charging.
OnePlus 5 and 5T Update Tracker
OnePlus 5 and 5T is receiving continous updates from the company. Until now, the device has seen three big version upgrades and multiple security patches over the psan of three years. Below we have lsited the updates timeline:
- [December 14, 2020]: A November 2020 Security patch started rolling out for both the devices in China. We hope soon it would be made avaialble for the glboal variants.
• Added two new system fonts: Cang Er Jin Kai and Hua Kang Yuan (Setting Path: Settings-Personalization-Font)
• Fix the problem that the weather application crashes with a small probability
• Update Android security patch to 2020.11
- [November 11, 2020]: The device finally received a long awaited OxygenOS 10.0.1 consisting fixes and updated security patch after the Android 10 update about 6 months ago.
- [May 26, 2020]: Finally, the stable Android 10 rolled out on both the devices in May. It carried several bugs but the wait for the Android 10 was finally over.
- [March 10, 2020]: A new update with OxygenOS 9.0.11 build consisting Security patch goes live.
- [Jan 9, 2020]: December 2020 Security patch with OxygenOS 9.0.10 build was made available via OTA update.
- [April 27, 2019]: OxygenOS 9.0.5 begins surfacing on the OnePlus and 5T with April 2019 security patch and several other bug fixes.
- [December 26, 2018]: OnePlus 5/5T started receiving the OxygenOS 9 based on Android-Pie.
- [May 6, 2018]: A significant update with Google Lens feature was rolled out on OnePlus 5, 5T, 3 and 3T.
- [April 11, 2018]: A new open beta for OnePlus 5/5T was introcued by the company.
- [December 24, 2017]: OnePlus 5 received the Oxygen OS 5.0 with the Android Oreo 8.0. Several new features were introduced in the smartphone.
- [December 12, 2017]: The smartphone started receiving OxygenOS 4.5.15 OTA.
- [November 3, 2017]: OxygenOS 4.5.14 starts rolling out on OnePlus 5.