A few moments after the rollout of the OxygenOS 10.5.9 (EU) and 10.5.7 (NA) for the OnePlus Nord N100, OnePlus has now begun sending out the OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 7 Pro and OnePlus 7 smartphones. The new major update, which weighs around 2410 MB in size is currently spinning out to the Indian users.
As stated by the changelog, it comes with OxygenOS 11 version, refreshes UI, brings optimizations for the camera and others, adds a couple of new features, and may also include bug fixes for known issues. Apart from this, the incremental rollout fixes some unforeseen bugs found in the original Android 11 release and updates the security patch.
The update brings new features like HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, the third-party app to share the picture by pressing, quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button, the playback display in Time-lapse mode, etc. You can find out all the changes and new features in the changelog below.
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.03
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer more convenient operation
- Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Newly added access to a third-party app to share the picture by pressing and holding it in preview
- Newly added the quick access to recording mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and by sliding the button, you can easily zoom in or zoom out
- Newly added the playback display in Time-lapse mode to show the actual filming time
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
The new OTA will have a staged rollout and will be received by a limited number of users today. After the successful verification, it will be released broadly for all the users. Also, remember that using VPN to download this build might not work as the rollout Is not based on regions and is randomly pushed out to a limited number of devices. To manually check the update, make a beeline to Settings>About>Software updates.