According to the OnePlus update policy, the Nord series is eligible to receive only two major Android updates. The OnePlus Nord CE is now eligible for OxygenOS 12 Open Beta based on Android 12. The device was launched last year in July with Android 11 out of the box.
The OnePlus Nord CE users can experience the Android 12 features before its official release. To do so, navigate to Settings > System > System Updates > Top Right Icon > Local Upgrade. However, before that, make sure to update your device to the latest OxygenOS 11 version.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Dark mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
To know how to install the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta on your device or how to roll back to the stable Android 11 version, here’s the official OnePlus guide.