Last month, the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro became the first smartphone from the company to get the taste of OxygenOS 12. Now it’s time for the devices to enter the second stage. OnePlus is releasing the Open Beta 2 for the duo along with some other changes that you can follow below.
Concerning changes, the OxygenOS 12 improves the system stability and camera stability. Also, it optimizes the system operations for an enhanced user experience. Moreover, the build resolves several issues, making the device functioning more hassle-free. On top, the security patch level is upgraded to November 2021. Below is the official changelog for your reference.
- Optimized the fluency of the status bar
- Optimized battery life and charging speed
- Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
- Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
- Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
- Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
- Improved system stability
- Improved app stability
- Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones
But as we know, bugs are a part of the beta updates. This update also carries a lot of issues and some of them are listed by OnePlus below.
- Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
- Probable issue of WLAN automatically disconnected
- The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K 60hz mode
- Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
- Global Search may not response
- Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
For those who are currently operating the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1, this package will arrive as an OTA. However, in another case, the user needs to flash the first beta in order to experience the second one.
Also, OnePlus suggest user maintain at least 30% battery level and keep a minimum of 3GB of storage available.