Poco started rolling out the Android 11 update for the Poco M2 Pro a few days back with the August 2021 patch. Within a week, Poco has started pushing the Android update for the non-pro variant, i.e., for the Poco M2. Just like the Pro variant, it also gets the new Android update with the August 2021 security patch. It comes with a boast of changes and also includes fixing some bugs. Xiaomi has also made MIUI lighter with the new MIUI 12.5 update based on Android 11. Here is the changelog of the new Android 11 update for the Poco M2.
Changelog for Poco M2 Android 11 Update
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- All-new Notes.
The new update comes with the build number V22.214.171.124.RJRINXM and weighs around 2.3GB. Xiaomi has added in the changelog that the speed of the device will be increased. It will also be equipped with the popular Android 11 features like chat bubbles, new media controls, and much more. They have also included a new Notes app which includes a ton of new features. With the bump up in the security patch, the security of the device will be improved. The update is rolling out via batches for random users. They have confirmed that the broader rollout will begin in a few days after the successful verification of the update. Head on to Setting to check if the update has reached your device.
Download Android 11 update for Poco M2!
- Device: POCO M2 India
- Codename: #shiva
- Type: Stable Beta Recovery
- Version: V126.96.36.199.RJRINXM | 11.0
- Size: 2.3 GB
- MD5: e61ffd63643a0802d595253234320a3e
- Click here to Download
Here is a guide for you guys to install the update.
- After downloading, move the update file to the root storage of your device.
- Then, head to Settings and scroll down and tap on About Phone.
- Now, click on System Updates and tap on the three-dot icon, which you can see to the top-right to access the Choose Upgrade option.
- Click on the same and browse the update file which you have downloaded earlier. Your device will update and restart once the process is completed.
We hope that you have successfully installed the update on your device. Please do share the article with your friends who uses Poco M2.