The Chinese smartphone manufacturer – Realme has officially unveiled the Realme 6 and 6i in the Q1 of 2020. It hosts a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and is powered by Mediatek’s Helio G90T and Helio G80 Chipset respectively. Realme 6 packs with a quad rear camera with a 64MP primary sensor while the quality deteriorates to 48MP for the Reame 6i. Both devices house a 16MP single front-facing camera.
Note: This is a tracker, and it will be updated regularly with Realme 6 and 6i smartphone updates.
Realme 6 and 6i Updates Tracker
- [November 22, 2021]: Realme 6 & Realme 6i has started receiving November 2021 security patch update globally. The build arrives on the firmware versions RMX2001_11_C.15/ RMX2001EU_11_C.15 for the Realme 6 and RMX2002_11_C.15 for the Realme 6i.
- [October 16, 2021]: The Realme 6 is receiving a new update that adds a few fixes and optimizations besides the September 2021 security patch. The build arrives on version number RMX2001_11_C.13. See the changelog below for precise information.
Android security patch: September 2021
Fixes a compatibility issue with certain live wallpapers
Fixes an issue where realme Link would occasionally crash
Optimized the system performance
Optimized the system stability
- [August 30, 2021]: The August 2021 security patch is rolling out to the Realme 6 and Realme 6S (known as Realme 6i in India) users in Europe. Arriving on the firmware version RMX2001EU_11.A.58 and RMX2001EU_11.A.58 respectively, the update weighs 2.85GB in size. Besides upgrading the patch, the package optimizes the system stability thus, ultimately improving the system performance.
- [June 28, 2021]: Realme 6 and 6i are again getting bumped with the current security maintenance, June 2021. The latest build bears the version number RMX2001_11_b.63 for both smartphones that weigh 3.18GB in size. Apart from the latest safety level, the package brings changes that optimize the system performance and enhances the system stability.
- [May 4, 2021]: Realme is presently rolling out a new software update for Realme 6, 6s, and 6i users in Europe. The update brings the Android patch released by Google in April 2021 for system security improvement. The software arrives on the version number RMX2001EU_11_A.54 for the Realme 6 and 6s, while for the Realme 6i the number varies to RMX2040EU_11_A.42. The latest update for the trio fixes some known issues and optimizes the system stability for better device performance.
- [February 7, 2021]: Realme has started seeding out the Realme UI 2.0 Beta update along with the February 2021 Security patch update to the Realme 6 users. Identified by the Firmware version RMX2001_11_C.02, weighs nearly 239MB in size. The package does not carry any new features to the device. Though, it brings the usual bunch of bug fixes and optimizations. Visit our dedicated page to know the precise details of the build.
- [January 23, 2021]: Realme has started seeding out the January 2021 security patch update to the Realme 6 and 6i devices. The update comes with the RMX2001_11.B.55 Firmware version for Realme 6 smartphones and the RMX2002_11.B.55 Firmware version for the Realme 6i users. Apart from the January 2021 Security patch and optimizations, the update has not added any new features to the device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
● Optimized system performance
● Optimized system stability
- [December 20, 2020]: The December 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting out the Realme 6 devices. The update is rolling out on the RMX2001_11_B.53 Firmware version for Indian users and RMX2001EU_11_A.48 for the European Variants. As per the changelog, the update features the latest Security patch, new add-on, fixes, and optimizations. It adds the short-press the power button to turn off the flashlight feature while screen-off.
- [November 11, 2020]: Realme has started seeding out the October 2020 Security patch for Realme 6 and 6i smartphones. The update is rolling out on the RMX2001_11.B.49 for both devices. As per the changelog, the update comes with the latest Security patch, optimizations, and new add-ons. The new add-ons include Sunset to Sunrise toggle for eye comfort, the toggle for displaying keyboard when entering app drawer, and Bluetooth earphone icon in phone call interface.
- [September 30, 2020]: The Realme 6 devices have finally started picking the September 2020 Security patch update. The update is arriving on the RMX2001_11_B.47 for Indian users and the RMX2001EU_11_A.42 Firmware version for European countries. Apart from the latest Security patch, optimizations, and fixes, the company has not added any new features.
- [September 1, 2020]: Realme 6 has started receiving August 2020 Security Patch update on the RMX2001_11_B.45 build number, and it weighs around 229 MB in size. The update adds the latest Security patch, new features, and a few optimizations.
The new features include Super nighttime standby, smooth scrolling, charging decimal point, independent switch toggles, etc. However, you will be undergoing all the new features while using the device.
- [June 29, 2020]: Realme started rolling out the June 2020 Security Patch update for the Realme 6 users. The update is bumping on the RMX2001_11.B.37 build number, and it features new add-ons, fixes, and optimizations. Click here to know more details of this update.
- [May 19, 2020]: The May 2020 Security Patch update for Realme 6 is hitting all the devices on the RMX2001_11.8.31 Firmware version, and it houses only the latest Security Patch and the fixes for known issues. To know more details about this update, you can click here.
- [April 8, 2020]: The BBK-owned Realme has started spinning out the April 2020 Security Patch update for Realme 6 users. The update is bumping on the RMX2001_11.B.23 Firmware version. It brings optimizations and fixes for known issues. Interested users can know more details about this update by heading to the article.
According to the company’s information, the update is seeding out in phases, and as a result, it takes at least one (1) week to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can navigate to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates to check the update status manually.