The Realme C25 is receiving its first major update. The device was launched last year in March with Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 out of the box. The company is now releasing the stable Android 12 update to the handset along with a layer of Realme UI 3.0 on top.
The latest update for the Realme C25 is bundled with the firmware version RMX3091_11_C.02 weighing 3.56GB to download. As of now, the package is rolling out in the Philippines, while it will soon be available in other markets as well.
As usual, the changelog for this release is feature-enriched and quite immense with all the new features. In addition, it packs the April 2022 security patch as well. Take a detailed look below.
- The brand new design, which emphasizes the sense of space, offers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Redesign icons using new tools to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to icons.
- Optimize Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more realistic and optimizes more than 300 animations to deliver a more natural user experience.
Comfort and efficiency
- Adds “Streaming in the Background”: Apps in Background Streaming mode continue to play audio from a video when you leave the app or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop has been renamed Adaptable and Optimized Windows
- Optimize the method of changing the size of floating windows. You can now drag a file from My Files or Photo from the Photos app into a floating window.
- Adds Quick Start, a feature that detects apps you use frequently and uploads them in advance so you can open them faster.
- Adds a graph to view battery usage.
- Improves responsiveness of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, on or off.
- In team combat scenes, games run smoother and with a stable frame rate.
- Reduces average CPU load and reduces battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes to display in the menu bar and in what order.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimize the automatic brightness algorithm to adapt the screen brightness to multiple scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimize accessibility: Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility features.
- Optimize function categorization by grouping them into view, hearing, interactive, and general actions.
- TalkBack supports multiple system apps including Photos, Phone, Email, and Calendar.
The OTA is rolling out in batches and will reach out to you in a short while. Alternatively, head over to Settings > Software update to track the package manually.