Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom are picking up their second major software update. The company is releasing the Android 12 package based on Realme UI 3.0 for smartphones. To recall, the devices were launched back in 2020 with Android 10- based Realme UI out of the box.
Make sure to visit: Best Smartphone deals from Flipkart’s Big Billion Days [Tracker]
The latest Android 12 update for the Realme X3 and Realme X3 SuperZoom is rolling out with firmware versions RMX2081_11_F.05 and RMX2085_11_F.05, respectively. This will be the last major update for the handsets. Before upgrading, make sure to keep your respective device updated to the required versions.
- Realme X3: RMX2081_11_C.15 / RMX2081_11_C.14 / RMX2081_11_C.13
- Realme X3 SuperZoom: RMX2085_11_C.15 / RMX2085_11_C.14 / RMX2085_11_C.13
As for changes, together with Realme UI 3.0, the package makes the user experience more fluid & more secure than ever before. It brings a more personalized, efficient, and smoother user experience. In addition, the changelog for both smartphones is enriched. To know the precise modifications, take a look at the official changelog below.
- New design
- The new design, which emphasizes the feeling of space, offers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Smart Assistant widgets are added that show key information about the applications and provide instant access to the functions.
- The design of the page is renewed based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing the elements and prioritizes the information with different colors so that the key information stands out.
- The icons have been redesigned using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- The Quantum Animation Engine has been optimized with version 3.0, which implements the concept of mass to make the animations more realistic and optimizes more than 300 animations to provide a more natural user experience.
- Comfort and efficiency
- The method of switching floating windows between different sizes is optimized.
- Security and privacy
- Spam blocking rules have been optimized so that you can add a rule to block MMS messages.
- Quick Start is added, a function that detects the applications you use frequently and preloads them so that you can open them quickly and a graph to show battery usage.
- In team fighting scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- The average CPU charge is reduced and battery usage is reduced.
- Now you can decide which camera modes are displayed in the menu bar and in what order they do so.
- The automatic brightness algorithm has been optimized to adapt the brightness of the screen to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Images have been added to the text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility features.
- The categorization of functions has been optimized by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive and general actions.
- The TalkBack feature supports more system applications, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
Read more: Realme releases Android 13 Early Access roadmap
As usual, the OTA update for the smartphones is rolling out in batches. Accordingly, it may take some time to reach each unit. In the mean time, you can try to trigger the update manually via Settings > Software update.