Xiaomi‘s MIUI 12.5 skin is a minor upgrade over the MIUI 12 that serves as a bridge to reach MIUI 13. Earlier this year, the Redmi 8 trio has already received the original version of the customized skin. Yet again, the Redmi 8, 8A, and 8A Dual are grabbing a bump with MIUI 12.5 which is based on Android 11.
Presently, the new software for the Redmi 8 trio is rolling out in India. For the standard variant, the build carries the firmware version V184.108.40.206.QCNINXM. While it arrives on V220.127.116.11.QCPINXM and V18.104.22.168.QCQINXM for Redmi 8A and 8A Dual respectively. Alongside the all-new features, the security patch will also be upgraded to July 2021.
Talking about changes, MIUI 12.5 brings a whole new experience to your device. The company has issued a detailed changelog for this update. Meanwhile, you can also check the best of the MIUI 12.5 feature by heading here.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.