Last year in June, Xiaomi announced the Redmi 9A and 9C smartphones featuring a 6.53-inch IPS LCD. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based MediaTek Helio chipsets. The smartphone ships with Android 10, MIUI 12 out of the box. Redmi 9A and 9C equip a 13MP leading rear camera and a 5MP snapper for selfies.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Redmi 9A and 9C smartphone updates.
Redmi 9A and 9C Updates Tracker
- [September 3, 2021]: The Redmi 9C NFC is getting a new update that bumps the security patch to August 2021. The Stable Fastboot update is based on Android 10. The package arrives on the build number V126.96.36.199.QCSEUXM weighing 4.4 GB in size. Apart from increasing the system security, no significant changes accompany the build.
- [September 3, 2021]: Redmi 9A is receiving a new software update that brings the August 2021 security patch. The build is available globally in a stable phase on the firmware version V188.8.131.52.QCDMIXM. Besides increasing system security it doesn’t add any more changes. You can apply for the OTA here and flash the Recover ROM from here.
- [August 22, 2021]: Redmi 9C NFC is grabbing the new update that adds the current security maintenance. The August 2021 security patch is rolling out to the Global and Russian variants of the device on firmware versions V184.108.40.206.QCSMIXM and V220.127.116.11.QCSRUXM respectively. The build is based on Android 10 and it does not carry any new additions apart from regular fixes.
- [July 7, 2021]: Xiaomi is sending a stable software update to the Redmi 9C smartphone. Arriving on the firmware version V18.104.22.168.QCRMIXM, the build carries the June 2021 security patch for global variants of the device. This is a minor bump in safety level and does not bring any new additions. Though, internally the update focuses to improve system security. Moreover, it addresses several bugs and different levels of CVEs.
- [March 2, 2021]: Redmi 9A is globally receiving the February 2021 security patch. The update is based on Android 10 and brings the firmware number V22.214.171.124.QCDMIXM. Moreover, it fixes several bugs say, the issue of noise that could be heard while the screen was asleep. Read the full changelog here.
Like all the other updates, this as well is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Accordingly, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.