In December 2017, Samsung officially launched the Galaxy A8 (2018) with Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) on board. The smartphone equips an octa-core processor based on Exynos 7885 chipset. It features a 5.6-inch Super AMOLED display paired with up to 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. There’s a dual front camera consisting of a 16MP primary sensor and a 16MP rear shooter.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated with every build released for the device. The updates are placed in ascending order (the latest one on the top).
Galaxy A8 (2018) Updates Tracker
- [January 09, 2023]: Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 Wi-Fi model is currently receiving the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update in European countries like Romania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, the UK, Hungary, the Netherlands, Austria, the Czech Republic, Greece, Baltic and Nordic countries, Switzerland, Slovakia, Italy, and more. The Galaxy Tab A8 latest OS update comes with the firmware version X205XXU1CVL6 in Europe.
- [January 06, 2023]: The latest device to be scratched off the list is the Galaxy Tab A8 (2022). The Android 13 update is now available for the Wi-Fi version across Europe. The Wi-Fi-only Galaxy Tab A8 variant in Europe gets Android 13 through firmware version X200XXU1CVL5. Similarly, the LTE model in India is getting One UI 5.0 via firmware version X205XXU1CVL5.
- [March 1, 2022]: Samsung is releasing a new update to the Galaxy A8 (2018) in Colombia. The build carries the January 2022 Security Patch via firmware version A530FXXULCVB1.
- [September 7, 2021]: The Galaxy A8 (2018) units in Colombia are picking a new software update. Rolling out through version A530FXXSLCUH5, the update inculcates the September 2021 security patch. Besides, the updates do not carry any major changes. Also, Samsung is yet detailed the patch, it could carry general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [August 2, 2021]: The Galaxy A8 (2018) smartphones are grabbing a new update that brings the August 2021 security patch. The build is rolling out in Russia on firmware version A530FXXSLCUH1. Apart from this, the update does not carry any new features from the old edition. Also, Samsung is yet to detail its current security maintenance.
- [February 26, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the March 2021 security patch for the Galaxy A8 (2018). The firmware version A530FXXSICUC1 is rolling out to all smartphone units across the globe. Apart from the new patch, the update doesn’t come with any new features. Hence, this update is only pushed to increase the smartphone’s Security level.
- [February 3, 2021]: Galaxy A8 (2018) starts receiving the February 2021 Security patch update. The update arrives on the A530FXXSHCUB1 Firmware version and it’s currently rolling out only in the United Arab Emirates. The update doesn’t come with any new features, bug fixes, etc. Hence, this update is only pushed to increase the smartphone’s Security patch level.
As usual, the OTA update is having a staged rollout. You can either wait for a pop-up notification or check it manually. To do this, head over to the Settings app > Software update and tap on Download and install.