Samsung unveiled the Galaxy A71 a couple of years back with Android 10 out of the box. The phone features a 6.7 inch Super AMOLED Plus screen paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Under the hood, Galaxy A71 equips an octa-core processor-based Snapdragon 730 chipset. It houses a quad rear camera indulging a 64MP primary sensor and a 32MP lens for selfies.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be refreshed frequently with the updates of the Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A71 Update Tracker
- [July 05, 2023]: The Galaxy A71 is also widely getting Samsung’s June update in the US. The phone is picking up the new SMR with the build number A716USQU9GWF7 and getting June 2023 Security Update.
- [June 24, 2023]: The Galaxy A71 is getting the June 2023 security update in Europe. The latest software update for the Galaxy A71 comes with firmware A715FXXUADWE1. The Galaxy A71 get the June 2023 security patch with their new updates, and it brings fixes for over 50 security flaws found in Galaxy phones.
- [April 18, 2023]: Samsung has released the latest security update for the Galaxy A71 5G. The latest update released in Saudi Arabia and the UAE and getting April 2023 Security Update. The new firmware build number for the device is A716BXXS7FWC1.
- [March 09, 2023]: The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy A71 comes with firmware version A715FXXU8DWB5, and it is available in Poland. The Galaxy A71 5G is getting updated to One UI 5.1 with an update that bumps up its firmware version to A716BXXU7FWB6.
- [January 10, 2023]: The latest device to get the Android 13 update is the Galaxy A71 5G. The update comes under firmware version A716USQU7FVL3 and includes the latest November 2022 security patch.
- [December 14, 2022]: The latest device to get the Android 13 update is the Galaxy A71 5G. The mid-range phone from 2020 is getting the new Android OS update with firmware version A716BXXU6EVL2 with December 2022 Security Patch.
- [December 08, 2022]: Samsung is rolling out the new update for the Galaxy A71 comes with firmware version A715FXXU8DVK5. The November 2022 security patch brings fixes for more than four dozen security vulnerabilities, and it is rolling out in India and Sri Lanka.
- [November 22, 2022]: The Android 13 update for the Galaxy A71 comes with firmware version A715FXXU8DVK1. It brings One UI 5.0 and the October 2022 security patch. The update is currently rolling out in Poland.
- [September 29, 2022]: A new update with September 2022 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy A71. The build is rolling out in Hong Kong with firmware version A715FZHU8CVI4. More regions could get the update soon in the coming days. Besides increasing system security, it does not carry any other changes.
- [June 21, 2022]: Samsung is spinning off the June 2022 security patch to Galaxy A 71 5G via firmware version A715FXXS8CVF2. The build is rolling out in a dozen of European countries, including France, Spain, Slovakia, Poland, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Czech Republic, UK, Italy, and Greece.
- [May 3, 2022]: The Galaxy A71 is getting a new update on firmware version A716USQU6EVD3. The build packs the goodness of Android 12 OS along with the April 2021 security patch. As of now, the build is unfurling to the carrier-locked US cellular networks, while other regions are expected to follow soon.
- [April 21, 2022]: The April 2021 security patch for the Galaxy A71 is extending to more regions. This time, the update is rolling out in Poland with firmware version A715FXXU8CVD1, while more regions will get the maintenance soon.
- [April 18, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A71 is receiving the current security maintenance, April 2021 patch. The update is rolling out in the UAE firmware version A716BXXU6DVD5.
- [March 30, 2022]: The Android 12 One UI 4.1 package is finally rolling out for the Galaxy A71 5G users in the UAE. On top, it enhances security by integrating March 2022 security patch with firmware version A716BXXU6DVC2.
- [March 28, 2022]: Samsung Galaxy A71 is upgrading to the March 2022 security patch. The update is presently rolling out in Spain and the UK through the firmware version A715FXXS8BVC1.
- [March 10, 2022]: The Galaxy A71 in Hong Kong is receiving a new software update. The package carries the latest Android 12 OS. Along with the new UI and the goodness of the new Android version, the build also inculcates the February 2022 Security Patch.
- [March 8, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is finally reaching out to the Galaxy A71. This time, the update is rolling out in the US via firmware version A716USQU6DVA2.
- [March 1, 2022]: Samsung is releasing the February 2022 Security Patch to the Galaxy A71. The build is rolling out in various Asian, European, and Australian markets via firmware version A715FXXU8BVA2. Whereas, the update in Latin American markets can be identified through firmware version A715FXXU8BVB1.
- [January 31, 2021]: The current security maintenance, January 2022 is rolling out for the Galaxy A71. The update is live in Brazil via build number A715FXXS8BVA4. Also, it fixes a variety of bugs and improves system stability.
- [December 27, 2021]: The Galaxy A71 is receiving December 2021 security patch update via firmware version A715FXXS8BUL1. The build is rolling out in various European countries, including Austria, Germany, the Czech Republic, Ireland, and the UK. The updates do not carry any other changes but the patch fixes multiple vulnerabilities related to system security and privacy.
- [December 7, 2021]: Samsung is releasing the November 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A71 5G. The update is rolling out in Australia via firmware version A716BXXS6CUK1. While other regions could get a hit soon. The patch fixes numerous privacy and security-related vulnerabilities that are considered critical.
- [November 30, 2021]: The November 2021 security patch is rolling out to the Galaxy A71 via the firmware version A715FXXS7BUK1. The update is unfurling in South American countries including Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, and Trinidad & Tobago.
- [October 28, 2021]: The Galaxy A71 is getting bumped with October 2021 security patch via firmware version A715FXXS7BUJ1. The update is rolling out in various markets, including Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, Macedonia, Slovakia, Greece, France, Slovakia, Portugal, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, and the UK.
- [September 28, 2021]: Samsung has started pushing a new update for the Chinese units of Samsung Galaxy A71 5G. The update brings the September 2021 security patch for the device. It comes with the build number A7160ZCU5CUH2 and brings some bug fixes and stability to the device.
- [August 23, 2021]: The August 2021 patch is expanding to the carrier-locked variants of the Galaxy A71 5G in the US. The build is unfurling to the Sprint and T-Mobile networks on the firmware version A716USQU5DUG1. The current security maintenance fixes 40 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
- [August 17, 2021]: The Galaxy A71 becomes the latest device to grab the August 2021 security patch update. The new build is arriving in Poland via the firmware version A715FXXU6BUH1 and will soon make way for other regions. The update may address bugs and enhance the device’s stability alongside fixing 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities as per the patch detailing.
- [August 7, 2021]: The 5G variants of Galaxy A71 are receiving the July 2021 security patch. The update is unfurling in Taiwan with firmware version A716BXXU5CUG7. According to Samsung’s documentation, the patch fixes over 20 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities. Moreover, it may also bring some general bug fixes, stability, and performance improvements.
- [July 8, 2021]: The June security patch is extending to more regions, Netherlands and Belgium on firmware version A715FXXU5BUF1. Along with the fixes carried by the security patch, the changelog also mentions the degradation of the Quick Share function. Alongside, Google’s RCS (Rich Communication Service) service and 360 Audio functions are now available.
- [June 4, 2021]: Samsung is sending the June 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A71 in selected markets. The device’s units in Puerto Rican are grabbing the current security maintenance. It will hopefully roll out to other countries soon. The changelog does not mention anything new apart from the bump in safety level. Also, Samsung is yet to detail its June patch, but it does not carry any new features or enhancements.
- [June 3, 2021]: The 4G variant of Galaxy A71 is now grabbing the May 2021 Android security patch. The fresh update arrives on build version A715FXXU4BUE1 in Brazil. The official changelog is not yet disclosed but it will surely bring some improvements to the software. Talking about the May patch, this is what it carries.
- [April 6, 2021]: Galaxy A71 has started receiving the April 2021 Security patch a few hours ago. The update bears the firmware version number A715FZHU4BUC1 and is currently rolling out in Hong Kong. However, we expect the update to roll out in other countries soon. Apart from the bump in safety level, the build does not bring any major changes or additions in favor of user experience.
Related: Samsung Galaxy A70 Update Tracker
As always, the OTA updates are rolled out in a phased manner. So, users need to wait for a few days to experience the update. To check the update manually, the Galaxy A71 users can navigate to Settings > Software updates > check for the updates. Also, we suggested you maintain at least 60% of charging before updating to prevent carrier data charges.