Samsung unveiled the Galaxy A71 a couple of years back with Android 10 out of the box. The phone features a 6.7 inch Super AMOLED Plus screen paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Under the hood, Galaxy A71 equips an octa-core processor-based Snapdragon 730 chipset. It houses a quad rear camera indulging a 64MP primary sensor and a 32MP lens for selfies.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be refreshed frequently with the updates of the Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A71 Update Tracker
- [August 23, 2021]: The August 2021 patch is expanding to the carrier-locked variants of the Galaxy A71 5G in the US. The build is unfurling to the Sprint and T-Mobile networks on the firmware version A716USQU5DUG1. The current security maintenance fixes 40 vulnerabilities related to privacy and security.
- [August 17, 2021]: The Galaxy A71 becomes the latest device to grab the August 2021 security patch update. The new build is arriving in Poland via the firmware version A715FXXU6BUH1 and will soon make way for other regions. The update may address bugs and enhance the device’s stability alongside fixing 40 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities as per the patch detailing.
- [August 7, 2021]: The 5G variants of Galaxy A71 are receiving the July 2021 security patch. The update is unfurling in Taiwan with firmware version A716BXXU5CUG7. According to Samsung’s documentation, the patch fixes over 20 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities. Moreover, it may also bring some general bug fixes, stability, and performance improvements.
- [July 8, 2021]: The June security patch is extending to more regions, Netherlands and Belgium on firmware version A715FXXU5BUF1. Along with the fixes carried by the security patch, the changelog also mentions the degradation of the Quick Share function. Alongside, Google’s RCS (Rich Communication Service) service and 360 Audio functions are now available.
- [June 4, 2021]: Samsung is sending the June 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A71 in selected markets. The device’s units in Puerto Rican are grabbing the current security maintenance. It will hopefully roll out to other countries soon. The changelog does not mention anything new apart from the bump in safety level. Also, Samsung is yet to detail its June patch, but it does not carry any new features or enhancements.
- [June 3, 2021]: The 4G variant of Galaxy A71 is now grabbing the May 2021 Android security patch. The fresh update arrives on build version A715FXXU4BUE1 in Brazil. The official changelog is not yet disclosed but it will surely bring some improvements to the software. Talking about the May patch, this is what it carries.
- [April 6, 2021]: Galaxy A71 has started receiving the April 2021 Security patch a few hours ago. The update bears the firmware version number A715FZHU4BUC1 and is currently rolling out in Hong Kong. However, we expect the update to roll out in other countries soon. Apart from the bump in safety level, the build does not bring any major changes or additions in favor of user experience.
As always, the OTA updates are rolled out in a phased manner. So, users need to wait for a few days to experience the update. To check the update manually, the Galaxy A71 users can navigate to Settings > Software updates > check for the updates. Also, we suggested you maintain at least 60% of charging before updating to prevent carrier data charges.