In the year 2019, Samsung officially launched Galaxy M30 and M30s. The smartphones feature a 6.4-inch screen with up to 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it powers an octa-core processor based on Exynos 7904 and Exynos 9611 chipset respectively. In the shooting department, the phone houses a 16MP camera for selfies and video calls. On the rear side, they have a triple cam module where Galaxy M30 carries a 13MP primary sensor, while Galaxy M30s has a 48MP main shooter.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy M30 and M30s update tracker
- [November 23, 2022]: The Galaxy M30s is grabbing the October 2022 security patch update. The firmware version M307FXXU4CVJ1 which is currently rolling out in India. The October security patch fixes dozens of security vulnerabilities.
- [October 12, 2021]: Galaxy M30s is receiving a new update that adds October 2021 security patch. The build arrives on the firmware version M307FXXU4CUI1. The patch fixes over 60 vulnerabilities related to user privacy and data security. Besides, it could also carry some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [September 28, 2021]: Samsung has started pushing a new update for the Galaxy M30s. The new update is live in Ukraine and comes with the build number M307FNXXU4CUH6. Apart from the September 2021 security patch, the update fixes more than 50 vulnerabilities and brings stability to the device. Head to Settings and check for updates if you are living in Ukraine.
- [June 16, 2021]: The Galaxy M30s is receiving new software with June 2021 Android security patch. The latest build is rolling out in India with firmware version M307FXXU4CUF1. This is a minor update and does not bring any major additions. But, internally, the patch brings 47 fixes from Google and 17 fixes from Samsung.
- [May 24, 2021]: The Galaxy M30 is grabbing the April 2021 security patch update. The fresh software can be identified with firmware version M305FDDU8CUD3 which is currently rolling out in India. Apart from the new safety level, the changelog does not mention any major changes in favor of user experience. The April security patch resolves 21 exposures from Samsung and 30 vulnerabilities from google.
- [April 15, 2021]: Samsung is sending an Android 11 based One UI 3.1 update to the Galaxy M30s. The latest update carries build number M307FXXU4CUD1 and has a package size of 744MB. It comes along with the March 2021 security patches. The update is currently rolling out for users in Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka and it will reach other regions soon.
- [February 9, 2021]: Galaxy M30s is receiving the stable Android 11 update. The Galaxy M30s is receiving a stable One UI 3.0 OTA update in India with firmware version M307FXXU4CUAG that weighs around 2GB. The updated firmware will bring January 2021 security patch along with it. Head here for more details on the update.
- [January 16, 2021]: Samsung has begun steering out the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy M30s. The update brings all the Android 11 features tossed with One UI 3.0 traits on top. Apart from these, it also comes with the February 2021 Security patch, bug fixes, enhancements, and much more. Tap here for detailed changes.
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > check for updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.