Soon after the release of MIUI 12.5, Xiaomi started updating its flagships regularly as per the roadmap. In fact, some devices got bump ahead of the timeline. Following the Redmi Note 7 Pro, the standard variant is receiving the latest skin by the brand.
Presently, the Redmi Note 7 runs on Android 10 and is not eligible to grab Android 11. But, it still is receiving MIUI 12.5. The fresh build is rolling out for global variants through firmware version V22.214.171.124.QFGMIXM weighs 2.4GB in size.
Talking about features, MIUI 12.5 brings enhanced performance, UI tweaks, new animations, privacy features, an updated Notes app, and a lot more. Moreover, the changelog also mentions the June 2021 security patch for the device. Here is what you will get flashing the new software.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- All-new Notes.
The latest stable beta update is initially rolling out to limited users. After ensuring the absence of critical bugs, a border rollout will follow.